Making car amplifier SMPS with tl494 + DC Protection

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Fets won't fix toroid to sag, thin wire will make voltage drops where they shouldn't be,...

I have also 8 IRFz, and I can tell you if can be diffilculte to get power... I had 472w@ 12.04v, and output was lower then idle by a lot, but my is not regulated...as for core, well you can see for yourself

CarAmp2_11.jpg

hey,

your wire will be the problem, also voltage sag od trafo, I see you do have it regulated, but you will have to see how much will it would hold up

My smps is +/-60v, will probably good up to 1kw, maybe less now, coz I have low freq., something like 23kHz only

I did test is with 12v on input terminal giving constant 472w. now, +/-60v I could get with 13v, at 13.8v or 14.4v it would have to be regulated a bit, just to keep voltage under control. I did test it with AMP2, driving 2 ohme load with on one channel and and playing music... secondary voltage staid always within 0.2v of original idle voltage, so I am very happy...hope to place it into my car one day..

And this is it, basic, my first experimental build

CarAmp2_9.jpg

Other projects you can see on my page, thx

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.