Making car amplifier SMPS with tl494 + DC Protection

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,I have founded the problem.the problem was in primary wires,for firs test when i connect it to supply the primary wires connect to secondary wires because i no covering between wires,when i remove the wires i see thet core is broken,now i use etd49 core,i don't think that ferrite core with 4.4cm diameter can handle this(560w)power.is'nt it?,whereas etd 49 can handle 640VA at 50KHZ.in my circuit rt is 15K and ct is 1nF.it's mean internal freg of TL494 is about 66KHZ and out freq will be 33KHZ.is this right?

Attachments

• dsc05130_800x600.jpg
    dsc05130_800x600.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 1,481
milad-k800 said:
do you accept my design luka?(bord design ans placment the components)
I think now have founded EXPERIENCE about car amplifier design.we can help together for make more and high powerfull car amplifiers...
thanks for the reply.
You are one of few people that has everything on one board and just by that I like it very much. It looks clean and simple, easy to see where is what,very good all in all design!

Hi luka.
though i have finished my car amplifier,but yet i have no answered question about transformer of switching....
cause i don't know choise what core for the power that i need to design....example:if i in next project start designing a another car amp
with +/-67V-8.2A what diameter of toroid core needs
luka? can you explain about toroid core and it's diameter for handling enought power,or please give me a source to search....

I'm not sure, I don't use smallest I still can...most of the time I just put in the one with biggest cross section of core, which allow me to use high power or/and low freq. Some times I look in some smps books, in one there is some info about trafor at several diffrent freq., and it shouws what power one can/could get...

Design Help

milad-k800 said:
this is finally board again with toroid core.I remove ETD49 and again use toroid.with ETD works well...

Hi milad,

Your pcb design is too big friend if you design manualy than its good but used pcb cad than very bad, Now look at size of only amp pcb(mono) its on process but compliting very soon with smps which is olso same size

Attachments

• 100watts_amp.png
    100watts_amp.png
    21.4 KB · Views: 1,506
hi luka.
I think for getting high power car amps we must try to design SMPS with 2 trans...
EX:for make an amps with +/-50V supply rails it seems this big voltages requires more current.we can't build this with one trans...
we need for any of voltage rails one SMPS trans.with this way we can get to high power amps simply
;)

trans, by that you mean transformers? Why couldn't you build high power high voltage with only one? voltage really doesn't matter here, as long as there is proper insulation if voltage really high, but high as that is not for amplifiers... about power, bigger cross section of core will allow you to push more power, same goes with higher freq.

Check my smps for my AMP2 on my page, you will see I have pretty big core, 63mm dia. And this sucker is so powerfull I can't even tell you how much power I could get, few 100w so far with no need for more and it is standing tall, like I didn't put any load to it.

just to say, higher voltage does not mean more current, well for same power it means less current... I am not talking about primary, since it has always the same voltage...also my smps is at +/- 62v...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.