low cost ADAU1452 China board...

I put LT3042EMSE vregs on the mainboard.(would require desoldering, jumpering of the Vregs on the "Core Board").

At this point, I'm merely playing with the idea of a "mainboard" for the ADAU1452/1466 "Core Boards" available on ebay and aliexpress.

I'd really appreciate if someone with experience with these boards(in Sigma Studio as well) would let me know which pins to use for what.

As I have a number of 3pin regs (LT3042. LT3042+BJT. TPS7A4700, TPS7A3301 etc), I'm considering dropping the LDO's from the board and put 3pin sockets there instead.

My main goal is a low noise, no A/D-conversion, DSP that I can use to power a sub-amp...maybe even make my speakers active X-over as well.
If not, at least pass the an untouched SPDIF signal to the amp driving the speakers.

I'm don't know enough about surround to have HDMI-input etc.

That part of the schematic would have to be provided by someone who knows that stuff.

Attachments

• ADAU1452_1466_Top_20200129_4.jpg
    ADAU1452_1466_Top_20200129_4.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 310
  • ADAU1452_1466_Bottom_20200129_3.jpg
    ADAU1452_1466_Bottom_20200129_3.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 264
D/A question

I was wondering what D/A-converters the ADA1452/1466 can "drive"?
I am hoping to use multibit DAC's with it. If that's not possible, then something like PCM1794, WM8740 would do if I have to.
I know the "Core Boards" have ASRC built in, but is it able to put out right justified 16-bit? Or would I need to use an external ASRC like AD1896A (that I have a few of)?

I was wondering what D/A-converters the ADA1452/1466 can "drive"?
I am hoping to use multibit DAC's with it. If that's not possible, then something like PCM1794, WM8740 would do if I have to.
I know the "Core Boards" have ASRC built in, but is it able to put out right justified 16-bit? Or would I need to use an external ASRC like AD1896A (that I have a few of)?

Don't realy know but I run USB-Komplete Audio 6 soundcard-SPDIF out-NanoDigi -2 Khadas Tone Board and it works perfect.
SPDIF out from Komplete is only slave and don't work direct to Khadas but
Nanodigi ASCR have no problem with it wich was an surprise.
Realtek SPDIF dont work as input to Komplete and slave to Nanodigi.
So I think the ADAU chipps is good to make own clock.
Sorry if I don't realy know how it's working with master-slave-clocks.

Don't realy know but I run USB-Komplete Audio 6 soundcard-SPDIF out-NanoDigi -2 Khadas Tone Board and it works perfect.
SPDIF out from Komplete is only slave and don't work direct to Khadas but
Nanodigi ASCR have no problem with it wich was an surprise.
Realtek SPDIF dont work as input to Komplete and slave to Nanodigi.
So I think the ADAU chipps is good to make own clock.
Sorry if I don't realy know how it's working with master-slave-clocks.
Hi,
Looking for the right I/O-pins to route the SPDIF and I2S in and out.
I feel like not knowing the ins and outs of Sigma Studio is a barrier to creating a decent PCB.
I'll get a UMIK-1 at some point, I have a mic designed according to Linqwitz site. I think it would be much easier having a USB-Mic that has calibration-files.

The ADAU1452/ADAU1466 are overkill for what I need, but they do offer digital in and out from what I've gathered from the datasheets.

Hi,
Looking for the right I/O-pins to route the SPDIF and I2S in and out.
I feel like not knowing the ins and outs of Sigma Studio is a barrier to creating a decent PCB.
I'll get a UMIK-1 at some point, I have a mic designed according to Linqwitz site. I think it would be much easier having a USB-Mic that has calibration-files.

The ADAU1452/ADAU1466 are overkill for what I need, but they do offer digital in and out from what I've gathered from the datasheets.

Don't know the hardware pins out from Adau but In Sigmastudio it is 16-17 and for SPDIF.
I think next is 31-32?

Sigma Studio

From what I've gathered, I need to route the SPDIF input to ASRC input as I play backed up RBCD(16bit), and the ADAU1452/ADAU1466 require 18bit in.

I would like SPDIF input/output and at least one (stereo) I²S input/output.

Not understanding how routing is done in Sigma Studio is really a speed bump in making a motherboard for these Core Boards.

It's very frustrating to say the least.

I want what DSP has to offer, but not any extra A/D-conversion, and a solution that lets me use the D/A-converters of my choice.

You can download and run sigmastudio without a board to see how it works, also with regards to adc/ dac, the adau1466/1452 support tdm.

The thing is that I am reasonably good at making PCB's, but I lack alot in the theory/science behind digital signals.

I don't have the time to learn that, but I figured that a motherboard with SPDIF (coax or bnc) and I²S in and out would interest people knowing that stuff but maybe lacking the experience in designing PCB's.

I will put the end result up as open hardware if it works as expected.

I have zero interest in monetary gain or prestige on this.

It's something I want, and maybe others as well.

Edit: I would like to design it around the ADAU1452/ADAU1466 Core Boards as they are reasonably priced and very available.

I could probs help a bit, I have built a pcm1802-adau1466-pcm5102 perfboard setup, also been working on something similar with another although has been on the back burner here as been stupidly busy over xmas. Should have time now to get back at it. Could log in on teamviewer and show you around if it would help?

I could probs help a bit, I have built a pcm1802-adau1466-pcm5102 perfboard setup, also been working on something similar with another although has been on the back burner here as been stupidly busy over xmas. Should have time now to get back at it. Could log in on teamviewer and show you around if it would help?
Hi,
What would really help is a Sigma Studio file with SPDIF input, I²S input and the routing to and from the ASRC.
Also SPDIF output and I²S outputs (two at least).
Preferably with a comment about what pin is used from the "Core Boards".

Sorry but I am not letting anyone in to my computer, not even friends and family.

lusya.jpg

How do i get it to work again I see that there's a jumper to get it to self boot but now i have nothing working. It wont write to memory through spi, i cant find jp201 on the board anywhere. Did anyone figure it out? This board is of good quality and has no hiss unlike the sure adau1701
Thank you so much!