low cost ADAU1452 China board...

Well, here's one thing I sure wish I knew before I started messing around with my kit ;)

Attachments

• peq.png
    peq.png
    64.3 KB · Views: 604
I feel that many of us is in deep water alone with very little info how to get started and ADAU1701 has not same layout as 1452 in Sigma Studio so you get stuck.
So many parameters to get an simple I2S DAC as PCM5102 started.
I get no sound so maybe I connected it wrong or Im just to stupid for this.
I can write to RAM and it seems to work but...
Tried Stimulus, Probe to just send som signal.
What am I missing?
How to just send an signal to test?

Take it easy when you do EQ or whatever.
Turn down the amp if you have volume pot.
I havent.
Blown one speaker.
I have two cheap PCM 5102 maybe they self oscilate.
And my Adau 1452 not working anymore.
Think it's the memory nothing answers, just the blue led.

This is my first post, I've been following the tread as I have the same adau1452 board. I don't have much or any experience with it, and i was wondering if, in your opinion, there is a way to program the dsp using an arduino as the usb interface as shown in this video.
See the following document which describes uC integration: https://ez.analog.com/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/396/SigmaStudioBasicuCIntegrationTutorial.pdf
Writing a static dsp program to a SigmaDSP is not a big thing (you can export in Sigma Studio a c header file), dynamically adjust filters and parameters like Sigma Studio does is more of a challenge.

See the following document which describes uC integration: https://ez.analog.com/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/396/SigmaStudioBasicuCIntegrationTutorial.pdf
Writing a static dsp program to a SigmaDSP is not a big thing (you can export in Sigma Studio a c header file), dynamically adjust filters and parameters like Sigma Studio does is more of a challenge.

Thank you for the info, I will look into it. I tried to modify the program and i was able to detect the DSP with on i2c on the arduino but not the eeprom, so i am unable to write it.

I have also tried the sigma tcp program modified by aventuri. While the default program was written on eeprom (the one the board ships with), I was able to write on the dsp a new simple program and run it. I could hear the sound and the filters applied as expected. However, when i tried to write to eeprom from the DSP, the sigma tcp program would stop as it received an operation which is neither a write o a read, and says it cannot handle it (it receives a zero instead of a 9).
Upon further investigation i found out that it could be a bug in the program which happens when it needs to write a big buffer (in my case I see that it happens when the data to write is of 12564 bytes). The problem was not happening when writing to the dsp directly since it did not have to write such a huge block. Since I was unable to find the bug simply, I tried to create a huge buffer by reading the tcp port and only write the data to dsp after the connection was closed. This resulted in a correct parsing of the stream, and i received no error of unknown instruction (all instructions were write instructions, as expected). However, something was apparently loaded on eeprom but not correctly, since the default program is no longer loading, but also my program is not working and i am stuck with a light blue led on and no music. Also, I am unable to load the program to the DSP without writing the eeprom (which was working before). I hope i didn't do any damage, and in the mean time, I am tring to find where the error is, in case i will share it!

Upon further investigation i found out that it could be a bug in the program which happens when it needs to write a big buffer (in my case I see that it happens when the data to write is of 12564 bytes). The problem was not happening when writing to the dsp directly since it did not have to write such a huge block. Since I was unable to find the bug simply, I tried to create a huge buffer by reading the tcp port and only write the data to dsp after the connection was closed. This resulted in a correct parsing of the stream, and i received no error of unknown instruction (all instructions were write instructions, as expected). However, something was apparently loaded on eeprom but not correctly, since the default program is no longer loading, but also my program is not working and i am stuck with a light blue led on and no music. Also, I am unable to load the program to the DSP without writing the eeprom (which was working before). I hope i didn't do any damage, and in the mean time, I am tring to find where the error is, in case i will share it!

I believe I have found the bug in the write instructions and was able to correct it, if anyone is interested. As I said it happens when the block to write is not contained in the same buffer and one needs to wait for the next read to complete the block. To solve it, you need to add, in sigma_tcp.c in the case of FSM_IDLE in the else condition, before "count += ret;" , a line to increase the pointer as: "p += ret;". Otherwise the buffer will be overwritten. This allowed to send the condition to write to eeprom without problems.
However, unfortunately my dsp is still not working, when i load to eeprom the led blinks once and i have no sound or anything else :(.