Keantoken's Aurum-X 300w Amp with LatFETs

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Last edited:
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Prototype bioards are in. There is some surgery to correct for an error in the FE board that was caught until after fabrication was started. The boards are impressive though. The MB is huge and heavy 2oz copper, 2mm thick, ENIG. A stereo boardset weighs 1lb.

Thank you JPS64 for a beautful layout.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Now the hard and expensive work of assembling the verification build begins. :)

Attachments

• PCB-MB-top-01.jpg
    PCB-MB-top-01.jpg
    512.5 KB · Views: 2,959
  • PCB-MB-bot-02.jpg
    PCB-MB-bot-02.jpg
    482.6 KB · Views: 2,023
  • PCB-FE-03.jpg
    PCB-FE-03.jpg
    490 KB · Views: 2,498
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Update: I am starting to order the big ticket items. The Exicons (on private GB with friends who are also getting it for another project), also, the two Antek AN-6458’s order has been placed. Bulk PSU caps next. Then usual small parts BOM from Mouser. I ordered a revised FE board that corrects earlier error. That should be here in a few days.

This is not an inexpensive project. Exact opposite of my FH9HVX.

Good news: Vunce is going to be doing the verification build with me - he will follow the 200w 63v path though as he has a massive Toroidy quad secondaries trafo and a 200w Class AB chassis all ready to go.

Two sets of eyes and soldering irons is always better than one!

Welcome aboard, Vunce!

200w is also a lot of power, and looks like good use of that big toroid you got Vunce . :)

Look forward to action soon!

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Hi Vunce,
Thanks for building the shopping carts in Mouser! It’s hard work and requires careful eyes. This is another way that we get parts sorted out when someone else has to pick the parts.
It’s all part of our well-honed process for delivering high quality verified PCBs for folks to have a successful build the first time.