FreeDSP OCTAVIA

Hello eclipsevl-San,

Thank you for your support.
I have now started adding a feature for the "York" I2C programming.

Regards,
CyberPit

Hello CyberPit-san,

Wow, thank you so much for adding such feature!
It took a bit more time than I expected to make York work with SigmaStudio. Initially I was thinking of using their TCPIP protocol as I did before, however it is quite buggy and AD does not resolve the issues for years.

So I tried another approach. There is a support of Aardvark devices in SigmaStudio and Aardvark library interface is public, so it is possible to implement Aardvark-like library without need for the reverse-engineering.

I've built a test vehicle with York+ADAU1452+PCM5102 DAC. Works fine :) I only need to work a bit on code related to reading from ADAU.
Now it allows to stream audio and program ADAU at the same time.

And since York basically acts as COM->I2C bridge, it allows to create custom applications to control DSP settings from PC: volume, filters, input selection etc.

Best Regards,
Vladislav

Attachments

• photo1702545926.jpeg
    photo1702545926.jpeg
    6.3 KB · Views: 74
  • photo1702549294.jpeg
    photo1702549294.jpeg
    130.5 KB · Views: 75
Reactions: 1 user
Hi Vladislav,
Yeah this TCPIP bug is really annoying. It works as long as you only write stuff into the ADAU but as soon as you read a bigger chunk of data, SigmaStudio crashes.
I also tried with SigmaStudio+. TCPIP works definitly better with it (no crashing on data read; i still had some crashes but I don't know what caused them) but with the new SigmaStudio+ I had issues with SPDIF input only working on ASRC0 and not the other ones...
Also, converting SigmaStudio projects to SigmaStudio+ projects is not working very well, all the Adau settings are lost.

Ludwig

Hi group buyers,
I sent out pretty much half of the boards. Unfortunately, I am still waiting for a second order from mouser. I managed to only buy half the amount of one type of caps when I did the initial order. The order is still stuck at mouser as they are reviewing an export certificate (for a different part I ordered as well) and they are doing this since an entire week :(
I already got in touch with them and kidly asked why this is taking to long. The customer support escalated it, but there is no progress so far. I hope they will ship it next week so I can finally complete your packages and send them out.

Sorry for the delay

I've built a test vehicle with York+ADAU1452+PCM5102 DAC. Works fine :) I only need to work a bit on code related to reading from ADAU.
Now it allows to stream audio and program ADAU at the same time.
Hello Vladislav-San,

We gonna have various ways to configure the boot ROM. I realized using I2C instead of SPI was the right choice.
It's so nice to work with Audio and I2C communication simultaneously. Many real-time control features will be available. (also the read-out of the Level Indicator)

Now the FreeDSP OCTAVIA board design ver1.1 is York Ready!

CyberPit

Here is the Silver Panel Version 0.33j FreeDSP OCTAVIA Enclosure.

FreeDSP_OCTAVIA2_FrontPanel.jpg
The power indicator LED had moved from the right.

FreeDSP_OCTAVIA2_TopPanelVi.jpg
Add a GND Terminal (Top Right)

FreeDSP-OCTAVIA2-ParseRearP.jpg
Most left 6.5mm Phone-Jack is an Electric Guitar Input. The PHONO input board is not ready yet.

Those panels and Letterings are milled with CNC3018 pro at my residence.

CyberPit

Reactions: 2 users
  • Thank You
Hello everyone,
I have some good news. The mouser order arrived. I do have many family things going on during the christmas holidays but I try to send out as many boards as possible between christmas and new year.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all!
Ludwig

Reactions: 2 users
Hello, I have a problem writing to the EEprom, I thought I had a 25AA1024 but I have a M95256, I changed the settings for this EEprom but still the same problem.
Writing is error-free but when I read the EEprom again I get an error.
Loading into the DSP works fine.
Is there a specific procedure for writing to EEprom?
I have a TINYSINE USBI JTAG DSP Programmer which works well with other cards.
Octavia PCB ver.1.0.
Thanks for your help.
Serge B.

Hi Serge B-San,
If the MemorySize, PageSize, and NumberOfAddressBytes are correct, the written firmware might contain logical errors or incomplete writing. In this case, the workaround is as follows...
  1. Turn off the power.
  2. Turn on with Non-Selfboot mode (JP1=Short)
  3. Overwrite EEPROM as usual.
  4. Switch back to Selfboot mode. (JP1=Open)
Sometimes SigmaStudio generates corrupt Zombi codes. :zombie:

The issued project generates the same garbage again, so you must overwrite it with another non-issued project.

CyberPit

Hello,

I use Octavia to manage DIY hybrid electrostatic loudspeakers.

LR4 filtering + soft frequency correction.

I will have to unsolder 1 or 2 DAC because I need to connect in I2S on external DAC, I do not use the same DAC on the woofer and the panel.

Then a second ADAU1452 will be used for the woofer.

Serge B.

Last edited: