F5 V3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, assembly wise,no.
Mentally, thinking of how I am going route wires and connect things, yes.
Which leads me to this question.
Does the ground coming from the IEC to star ground need to be a twisted pair?
Anyway, my plan is to have it completely wired up and ready to get dialed in this weekend.
Got to put together a light bulb tester too, damn, these AMP builds are as arduous as a speaker build

F5 BUILD

pic didn't stick.

Attachments

• F5 power up.jpg
    F5 power up.jpg
    941.5 KB · Views: 239
Still pretty new... Am I missing something? What's the best way to order my parts for an F5 board? I downloaded the v2 BOM (because v3 BOM doesn't exist?), compared it to the diagram on the F5 turbo PDF. Confirmed that the v2 and v3 parts are basically the same.. Spend an hour searching for each component by ohms and watts on digikey because part numbers are not listed on the v2 BOM. I am fine doing this, I just want to make sure there isn't some easier way or already put together BOM link or something.

Thank you!

Okay. I may be incorrect. The picture of the F5 parts kit seems to indicate most/all of the resisters are vishay dale resisters which are more expensive/better than what I was initially selecting on my own digikey order. So perhaps there isn't as big a savings in doing it myself.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.