Exploring Purifi Woofer Speaker Builds

Joined 2005
Paid Member
@lrisbo nr II: maybe a daft question, but: why is the SPL graph not totally flat (purely pistonic behaviour) in the 100 to 700 Hz band, but instead shows a number of minor dips?

What is the (electro-mechanical?) mechanism behind that?
It’s a baffle effect.

The same phenomenon exists in other manufacturers data sheets.

To avoid baffle effects you need to take a nearfield eg. 15mm measurement, or a truely infinite baffle.

@lrisbo

The updated website looks great!

Here's a screenshot for datasheet on the 10" woofer:

View attachment 1185533

Zoomed in:

View attachment 1185529

I think we all appreciate manufacturers releasing FRD and impedance data for direct download:

https://ptt.purifi-audio.com/shop/p...,6022,6023,6024,6025,6026,6027,6028,6029,6030

When I imported into a viewer- here's what is shown:

View attachment 1185528

The sensitivity for the Frequency Response Data for the PTT10.0X04 zip file for download on the website seems too low:
This difference also exists for the PTT8.0X datasheet. (not shown)

For people unable to take their own measurements, this may be a little confusing. Can you please advise?
Thanks! I am investigating why the sensitivity is different from the 2.83Vrms graphs

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 users
Big hiatus but I am back. Way back (around posts 700) I built a pair of closed aluminium enclosures as mini monitors and housed a pair of 8 ohm 6.5" Purifi's with electronic crossovers and 15" subs. Remember them? The subs are slot ported and the integration is not perfect. I love the little monitors though. I now wish to build it into a good 3 way system and thinking sealed sub enclosures. Any recommendations for drivers? Any of the larger Purifi drivers candidates? My knowledge of the recent releases is pretty limited and there are thousands of posts since I was active. Ant info ideas appreciated.

Reactions: 1 user
Here is an appetizer of the new tweeter with ultra wide controlled dispersion. in-box measurement at 1m (gated). Will demo next week at the High End Show in Munich. See our FB/LinkedIn for more details. Our web is also updated to a brand new version in the coming days. There will be a white paper about the new demo box View attachment 1172586
Hello @lrisbo,

Why did you select "Ultra Wide" coverage for the tweeter? Is it the nature of the beast or a design target?

With a wide coverage tweeter the crossover frequency to the mid-woofer will be relatively low if the coverage angles of the drivers have a smooth Directivity Index transition.

The listening position will need to be close to keep the direct sound louder than the room surface reflections.

I have a pair of BlieSMa T25A-6 Aluminium-Magnesium Dome Tweeter Matched Pair being delivered in a couple of days for a test drive.

Thanks DT