DIYA store "Wolverine" (Son of Badger) .... suggestions ??

Joined 2016
Paid Member
I have not been online for 2 weeks.

I really love that final posting of the OPS with the alternative inductor placement.

I also like the changes/options to the Wolverine.

I appreciate the input in regards to the present IPS. But , modular means variety.
Being introduced to many designs (and SMT) is the end goal of
this project.

OS
Ok, thanks, glad you like the updates.
So I'm just wondering are you planning on providing feedback any of the other posts that myself and others have made during the past few weeks as I really wondering what's happening with this project.
Are we looking further into TPC ?

That is asking for trouble. I would not route the compensation network to another "option" PCB, the compensation network has to work into the MHz introducing more parasitic might equal something that can not be tamed. A simple soldered in jumper on the Wolverine selecting between TMC or TPC would be as far as I would go.

Last edited:
Joined 2016
Paid Member
That is asking for trouble. I would not route the compensation network to another "option" PCB, the compensation network has to work into the MHz introducing more parasitic might equal something that can not be tamed. A simple soldered in jumper on the Wolverine selecting between TMC or TPC would be as far as I would go.
Which is what I have ATM. But
jpc2001 had added a few extra components that I'll have to see if there is space for

Joined 2016
Paid Member
This is the schematic that we are talking about. I'll try and get the components to fit. test.jpg

Joined 2016
Paid Member
For TPC resistor connection See post #1032 by Keantoken, he says to connect it to the VAS rail and provides his reasoning. I agree with him.

I think you are confusing me with jpc2001, he did TPC proposal and the schematic on post #1041.
Ok, That's what I thought. Please post a clear schematic that I can follow. Unless there is another post that I use as a reference?

I don't have the latest ltspice files. Is the schematic on post #1041 not readable for you??? The only thing that really needs to change on that schematic is to connect the TPC resistor (R20) to the negative rail. So basically R20 has a jumper and gets connected to the negative rail for TPC or to the Output NFB for TMC.

Or you can wait and see what the other guys opinions are.

Last edited:
Joined 2016
Paid Member
If it was me. I would not go extravagant on the base design. Keep it clean and clear for builders. Then go where u please on additional ips boards.

Just my thoughts.
Granted but the caps going to Q107 and Q108 are on the EF3 board so they need to be there as an option to begin with. The IPS boad well lets just see how messy it looks as an option and if its possible at all to fit the extra resistor and cap around the feedback resistor as an option. The HB had a few options so what's the big deal. As long as we have good documentation there should be no confusion.

Joined 2016
Paid Member
Stuart,

I don't believe OS's original schematic had base resistors on Q107 an Q108 so you'll have to add those too along with the parallel caps. Hopefully you can get those to fit. What were you thinking for the cap, silver mica or film?

Jeremy
Yes, your right... probably try and get silver mica's to fit as they are thinner and will probably take a less room. Also we are using silver mica's for C110 / C111

Hi Guy's

So what unity gain crossover frequency are you aiming for?

Looks like OS is aiming for 1.2Mhz

1/2 x pi x rltp x ACL x Cm

1/2 x 3.14159 x 60.86 x 27 x 82.47E-12

= 1,174,502.233 Hz or approximately 1.2MHz

It this what your aiming for with your TPC testing?

I aimed for >60 degrees of phase margin, >15dB of gain margin with 20dB being even better, and gentle curves in the loopgain plot with no asymptotes, shelves, or sharp swings in phase -- not until far below unity loop gain anyway. There was no specific target for ULGF which came out to something like 850kHz for the circuit from #1041.