Develop ultra capacitor power supply and LiFePO4 battery power supply

Disabled Account
Joined 2020
@Studley,

Maybe somebody knows audiophile grade USB-C cables. Mine was bought from Amazon. It's good and I'm happy with it. But I think there could something else better than.

Regards,
Ian

Jaw still dropping with my new FiFoPi so re-reading threads if I am missing anything before the 23rd deadline.

For quality USB cables, you can custom order here:

ghentaudio --- Hi-End Oyaide DC Cables

I ordered my Gotham USB-micro pre-COVID and it took about a week. Now it's much longer shipping if one is patient. No DATA wires connected, only USB PWR.

ghentaudio --- DC-GAC4 Gotham GAC-4/1 11301 UltraPro Star Quad DC(JSSG360) Cable

They should be able to custom USB-C on both ends:

If you go to the drop-down box here, one can select Type-C:

Oyaide to USB
(only VCC/GND soldered)

Just e-mail Ghent Xu to terminate other end Type-C and he will send you a PP invoice.

Top Quality Work, Top Service, Quality Solder

Last edited:
Triggered by the message of Greg I ordered some 3000F AVX ultracapacitors.
These things are BIG :eek:

They have an esr of 0,2mOhms and can deliver a frightening current of more than 2000A.

I am hesitant to use them; a shortage will be catastrophic.

@Ian: can these be used with your UcConditioner boards?

Regards,

Attachments

• B89EF17C-1BB5-4715-B734-16EBEF82E83D.jpeg
    B89EF17C-1BB5-4715-B734-16EBEF82E83D.jpeg
    318.1 KB · Views: 488
Reactions: 1 user
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hello Stefan, Supersurfer,
I think even the supercaps that are normally used will cause mayhem.
So i think if the circuit from Ian can charge the normal ones because of the current limiting feature it will also charge the bigger ones just take more time.
Once i had some copper tracks vaporize completely in a high voltage supply made with caps constructed for giving enormous discharge currents.

I am almost sure 99,5 % or so that bigger caps will give a better sound. I had the same effect going from 44AH to 84AH batteries. The 44AH ones could already deliver crazy currents.

Greetings,Eduard

P.s NOW busy with new position of my speakers and acoustic panels. Bass traps, which will be diy will be installed soon.

Attachments

• thumbnail (2).jpg
    thumbnail (2).jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 426
  • 20201125_160101.jpg
    20201125_160101.jpg
    294.7 KB · Views: 404
I have installed 2 UcConditioner 3V, 1 for the I2S to PCM board and another for the XO board,they are each installed with 8 centimeters of cable up to the load,the XO and I2S to PCM board were previously powered by 2 Maxwell 3000f 2.7 V but with a cable of more or less 30 centimeters,my preference is for the UcConditioner,improvement and evident in the bass and low medium and a slightly more defined midrange,thanks Ian and best wishes for 2021.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hello Strassbourg,
When you read the French L'audiophile magazines from some decades ago you will know that once you start to use caps with extreme good specs you will have to pay extreme attention to everything in between these caps and the circuit to which they provide their energy.
I remember well how they wrote about cleaning the copper bars and using electrolube.
Greetings,Eduard

I made a new ConditionerPi Video on YouYube, which is here:

ConditionerPi to Upgrade the Sound Quality of RaspberryPi Audio by Ultracapacitor banks 4K - YouTube

Happy New Year!
Ian

Hi Ian, I did complete an order form and sent it to your email address. I want to try the conditionerPI and the LinearPi solo for my HifiBerry DAC+Pro, as an alternative to a ultra low noise PSU I'm using by now (THEL Black-Pulsar BLP 25-09) which already sounds very good, but gets very warm (class A device).

Help with ground on lifepo4 causing ripple noise on fifo supply

Just realized that the negative rail from the 12-19v lifepo4 is connected to the stand-offs and since I am using a metal case it connects to the case.
Connecting the FIFO ground and other hats ( negative - pole 3.3v) to the ground connects it to the nasty 19v switching supply and start to get ripple noise on the 3.3v battery supply side see oscilloscope photo

1) should I lift the lifepo4 off the Metal case with plastic standoffs
2) not connect the fifo and hats negative pole to the metal case ground

3) what about the Pi negative is also connecting with ground

I am confused what is the point of isolating all the battery power supplies to connect them all together on their negative poles with nasty noisy equipment.
Any suggestions? What are you guys doing about ground? in a metal case environment.

Attachments

• BF813BFE-50AD-4EDD-940C-C743B2B58E63.jpeg
    BF813BFE-50AD-4EDD-940C-C743B2B58E63.jpeg
    276.1 KB · Views: 384
Last edited: