This amplifier is lovely, sound is warm, soft, delicious

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Dx Amplifier.jpg
    Dx Amplifier.jpg
    355.5 KB · Views: 589
Other voltages.... higher than 42 volts needs more output pairs

attached schematic to 42 volts, 50 volts and 60 volts...output power may be (not sure), 85/100/120 watts rms - 8 ohms

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Dx amplifier 42V - 85W - 8 ohms.pdf
    78.6 KB · Views: 297
  • Dx amplifier 50V.pdf
    77.5 KB · Views: 212
  • Dx Amplifier 60V.pdf
    77.6 KB · Views: 258
Hello Carlos, I'm back for a long time ago I asked questions about the amount of transistors in the output, and power supply, and unfortunately did not get to test with more than one pair in the output, for lack of opportunity (two reasons, they are expensive and just walked on the faculty of electrical engineering at UNESP, I am moving to town, and is difficult to adapt to the pace of a college) But I'll get back to doing experiments with the DX, and as always I doubt arose, and nothing else fair to ask the child's father, correct?
I've heard talk of the wonders Polyvox PM5000, say their impressive bass, speak well of Gradient A1, and several other old amps, and how I can not have them to compare, you ask, the Dx has better sound that these amps?

-----------------------------------
God bless the google translator, and hope he has done the job right :rolleyes:

I have not these ones to compare....i hope so, but i am not sure

These amplifier are not DIY.... are something you buy.

Maybe you are the one to produce these tests, buy one, build the Dx amplifier and then you will be able to give us your evaluation.

Post pictures of both and also explain how you have made the comparison and how you have sort people to evaluate, to listen and to give their opinions about.

These ones are very powerfull amplifiers, for powerholics they are unbeatable....because powerholics wants power and this impresses them deeply....other powerholics , the ones search for quality, will have some restrictions to the PM5000 and less restrictions to A1...... and A1 is a licenced JVC old design used in our country by Gradiente.

The way you test....for instance, direct injection of audio in the power amplifier decoupling it from the pré amplifier, produces huge difference in sonics.... depending the way you test, the result may be different...the Dx amplifier was made to adjust sensitivity to be rid of pré amplifier..and this gives to it an advantage if compared to other amplifier that has a pré amplifier.

Better not try to imagine things...without listen there's no way to evaluate things.... the answer is "I don't know"

- " Sem ouvir é "achismo"...sem um comparativo decente, a avaliação das pessoas não chega nem perto, nem ao menos toca, o que seria considerado método científico...opinar sem testar préviamente é delirio apenas "

"without listen the result is "i think so"...without a decent comparison, people's evaluation does not even touch, not even close to be doing science, it is just a delirium"

Try Electronics in Unesco.

If you want the best sonics..... go to Dx Blame ST

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
The most lovely Dx Amplifier board i have ever seen is this one from CRT

I love this blue colour..the way he did was very nice.... my prefered one..for sure.

I have asked him one board..he could not send because mail cost from his country to mine are enormous...too much high to ever think about.... a pity that.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• CRT best board ever made.jpg
    CRT best board ever made.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 362
Some Dx amplifier waveforms

Dx amplifier has a home page.... a kindness from Greg Erskine...there you have all you need if your decision is to build a Dx amplifier.

I thank you by your preference and confidence..it is DIY, anything to pay.... i am not selling boards too...all you need can ask in this same thread..if need long assistance, alike to explain how amplifier works and some tips and tricks, and do not want to read the enormous thread....then go to my direct e mail adress... i will do all i can respecting some time limits imposed by family tasks...may delay but i will answer you..for sure!

carlos.eugenio1951@yahoo.com

Greg's Web Site

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• dx... scope.jpg
    dx... scope.jpg
    361 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
The High Resolution II had not special thread, only the builders thread that was

opened so late that was not used..the builders have already built.

I knew that Nico have ordered 100 boards..and an enormous list of forum friends have received their boards.

It had a group buy thread and the name was HDII..... Nico have changed the name...and after thread opened, to correct title is not easy..need moderator assistance.... so.... the tittle remained wrong that way.

Here you have the Gerbers...if you want to order go ahead.

It is a DIY, for free, to forum users ..... a non profit amplifier.... we cannot even make a deal about..as the board layout designer is unreachable.

I hope this file is the correct one..but i suggest you to open and to compare, part by part, and wire by wire, with the schematic provided not only in this zipped package but also in Greg Erskine home pages.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• HRII.zip
    98.6 KB · Views: 203
I have no more gerbers..... to others amplifiers

But as soon as i have them (some folks are producing) i will post them.

there's no secrets and no tricks..Dx amplifiers are all free amplifier, a DIY amplifier,... i am not advertising here to sell from my home...i am not selling and not producing boards...no profit... so i am free to do my best, without personnal interests greater than good audio for share.

regards,

Carlos

Joined 2002
Paid Member
opened so late that was not used..the builders have already built.

I knew that Nico have ordered 100 boards..and an enormous list of forum friends have received their boards.

It had a group buy thread and the name was HDII..... Nico have changed the name...and after thread opened, to correct title is not easy..need moderator assistance.... so.... the tittle remained wrong that way.

Here you have the Gerbers...if you want to order go ahead.

It is a DIY, for free, to forum users ..... a non profit amplifier.... we cannot even make a deal about..as the board layout designer is unreachable.

I hope this file is the correct one..but i suggest you to open and to compare, part by part, and wire by wire, with the schematic provided not only in this zipped package but also in Greg Erskine home pages.

regards,

Carlos

Here's what the above gerbers look like in Gerbv - see attachment. These look to me to be a slightly improved version of the PCBs that Nordic got made, but there is no guarantee. The gerber file names are unusual to me. :eek:

Attachments

• DX HRII.jpg
    DX HRII.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 608
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Here's another set of DX HRII gerbers from Nordic's DX HRII PCB. These ones look like they are a further improvement on the 12/17/07 production DX HRII PCBs. The spacing of the components seem nicer and the PCB is dated 05/03/08. I do not know if the were actually manufactured and tested, so be very cautious. Check thoroughly. :cool:

Attachments

• DX HRII 05-03-08 ge.zip
    71.1 KB · Views: 204
  • DX HRII 05-03-08 ge.jpg
    DX HRII 05-03-08 ge.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 598
Yes, it is better not to order copies without have my own check result

or their own check observing the schematic.... to order before that is a highly risky enterprise.

the schematic is available at your site.... so...people that wants to check can do it by themselves if they are in a hurry.

http://users.tpg.com.au/users/gerskine/dxamp/

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Hi Carlos, it's me again (which asked the PM5000) sorry for the delay to answer, is that I'm in trouble time and internet access
So when I asked about the PM and the A1, I thought you already had compared them, in fact I have none to compare, (actually I have a Polyvox PR2200 and PR1800, but are receivers)
Now I found a company that manufactures custom transformers, and I finally get to buy some of my mounts, I will first build a 100W even after I put a couple more, and increase power supply, I expect a 200 ~ 250W, perhaps, even three pairs .. 'll let my ears guide me

one of my goals is to build small and medium-powered speakers, holiday cheer to the Brazilian way (you understand) but will not be the state of the art, I put a normal transformer, a source not so great, I do not want boxes "hi-fi "

in a second time, I try to mount a DX amps for reference, and home theater then yes, I'll be very careful in construction, sources mega, mega capacitors, heatsinks mega, mega everything LOL

I will take a while, but as for getting ready, I'll send pictures

I'm open to any suggestions!

hug, and thanks for everything

or their own check observing the schematic.... to order before that is a highly risky enterprise.

the schematic is available at your site.... so...people that wants to check can do it by themselves if they are in a hurry.

Greg's Web Site

regards,

Carlos
Hello,
I just discovered this thread as I am searching for the best way to restore an old HK Citation 12. The number of posts here is huge and I could not find the answer to my question yet. So my question is: is the PCB available for sale somewhere?
Thanks,

Hi Greg,

I have seen but I would prefer keep with bipolar: My plan is to drive Altec 416 speakers in a bi-amp configuration. It seems to me that mosfet circuits try to be a compromise between good impact that you can get in the bass with bipolar Xtors and the sweet medium-highs you can get with tubes.
It is supposed to be an 'All in one' but with the disadvantage to miss something somewhere. Just my personal opinion!
Sorry for my bad English, I ma not sure I am clear!

Status
Not open for further replies.