Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you RKH,
With reagrds to my experience with diy audio, I have implemented quite a few topologies, including fully complementary designs with EF/CFP bjt / mosfet output stages, have played around much with current-feedback designs, a Hiraga amp, another much like destroyerX's in this thread (a modified rotel actually), tube preamps of which I have the posted the results in this forum and a few others. I believe I have pushed some of these designs close to their capability limits, and the most successful iteration of each was not bad. But is no match either to an Electrocompaniet clone I built, which may be found at thread 49691-electrocompaniet-how-does-sound.
And this I think is a significant finding.
All these designs and tweaking have been a lot of work and the end result may perhaps not live up to expectations. Only the clone was worth the hard work, time and even money put into it. This is judging the results with very critical ears, against sounds produced by many a hi-end system.
I am sorry if I have offened anyone - excluding destroyerx that is, :D:D:D -, glad if my five pence worth of advice may be of help.

You're so clever, so skilled, so special that i felt strong emotions

reading your text.

Thanks to Greece to produce so lovely son.

Please, give us the honor of your wise presence... return to the first Dx Amplifier post, and read it with care, since the first post, as we need, strongly, your clever evaluation about.

These equipments you have designed!.... oh!.. great units...i wish i could create so lovely units your majesty.

Read these posts, one by one.... very slowly...and try to repeat some readings... we will be wainting you back to evaluate other one's job with all that extreme experience and intelligence you are demonstrating for us.

Another great idea, is to read the entire forum...all threads and posts, since the early beginning, to evaluate our forum..you know..we need a feedback..them maybe, forum management will delete everything and will start another forum, following your extremelly wise and super important thougths.

Do it!..do it please... start now...we will be waiting you back... what an emotion to find so big and important man in my life...please, let me know if you are single..i have daugthers you know?

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
I am always ready to react..but also always ready to accept other ones

mistakes.... i am doing these things daily.... maybe 5 times each day... in the most lucky days.

This morning i trow a plastic bag, filled with garbage...alike a Basketball player (i was an idiot in the reality) to the big building Garbage can..the building trash colector.... i missed....had not found the target...the bag exploded and i had to collect all fruits and things were, previously, inside that bag.

So, you see..i am not in position to keep myself criticising others for long time. (only for a brief period of time...while their garbage pack is exploding)

So...it is all rigth to me...we had figth..this was past...we're good friends now.

Will not send you a Troyan horse...for sure i will not..... interesting they have not perceive that gift... was, at least... strange.

Well...maybe this have never happened in the reality.... you can explain that, or clarify to us, much better than i can.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Vb

Here's a pic of my lil board. I don't care to respond to negative people.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    109.3 KB · Views: 418
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 411
Your BD's aren't the "totally encased in plastic" type? I though the whole reason to use those for the bias stack is so you don't need an insulator....

BTW - the BD140 is PNP not the NPN. There's no reason a PNP won't work as a Vbe mult, but realize that it needs to go "backwards".
I'm using what came with the kit. By backwards do you mean my connections are wrong ? Thanks for the help.

Greg Erskine site.

In my humble point of view, the one ask money for the kit should give the needed follow up to the ones have bougth their kits.... this is part of "his" costs... the follow up and printed instructions.

I am responsable for non paid dyers, the ones have participated the thread and have created their own boards, producing the etching and buying parts by themselves..for these ones i am ready to give some help..also Greg and his thread (pointed by the business man as a support for his products) can be helpfull too.

The man is having profit..he is making a business and not ashamed to do that without authorization, also pointing a DIY forum as support.

I think, the way things are, i will be working hard to that guy earn money..this does not look fair to me.

About Greg.... he decides what to make...i will continue, gladly, giving support and beeing a great helping hand to the ones comes to this forum, to produce their boards, to buy or select parts from junk box, or their own reserve of parts and to build as a real diyer...not a kit buyer.

This is a non paid forum.... this space is not used to produce sales, this is not a business section... the one is producing kits should ask first my authorization, should make an agreement with me, and also pay for advertising in the forum dedicated pages, to business..as paid publicity.

Also Greg deserves some return, as his pages..his site...is not for free to him.... while things are contribution between friends, DIY from a world forum... amateurs building..it is all rigth...but when things turns professional, so the costs must include my design, the layout made by Greg and the costs Greg is having to maintain the pages...to rent the space in his provider.

You are not guilty dear kit buyer..... the one that sold needs to feel ashamed of his behavior and to start conversations with me.

E bay already informed the kit has not authorization..the forum adress, the thread adress already informed.

At least. ... this is free advertising to me...this may help the day i decide to start a business...but i feel things are not beeing correctly made.

regards,

Carlos
I understand and will gladly donate to greg's website.

I thank you by your understanding ...i can help you, but by direct contact

This way i will collect informations to contact the one sold you that.

E bay was already informed, the thread link was sent to them.

The guy must produce agreement with me and with Greg.

I will help you, directly... will give you some support..your payment to me will be informations about.

carlos.eugenio1951@yahoo.com

regards,

Carlos

I'm using what came with the kit. By backwards do you mean my connections are wrong ? Thanks for the help.

There are so many kits out there - which may or may not bear resemblence to the original. If using a 139 for the Vbe, connect collector to A and emitter to C. If using a 140, connect emitter to A and collector to C.

Attachments

• dx_vbe.PNG
    dx_vbe.PNG
    16.2 KB · Views: 547
Your page is useless since the trademarks and circuit involved
are not registered in the legal sense of the term...

For one to "licence" a product, there should be an official holder
of an intellectual property, be it a name , a circuit or a Pcb..

Anyway, the term DX has already ben used countlessly,
and the circuit is a classic one which can t be deposited
anymore...

Only the Pcb can be subject of a legal dispute that could
be sustained in courts...

Once again Wahab..you are not the only one has brain

All you said is known.... think a little bit the possible reasons the warning was included.

As you are the only one have brain, then you will realise very easy.... and by yourself.

I thank you anyway..because good intentions are clear... at the end.. you may believe others do not have brain, and because of that you should inform these things... as your brain is working perfectly as we see.

Well...maybe you are rigth, as you use to inform folks datasheet values, so, maybe there are some guys that do not know how to type part number followed by datasheet on google.... accepting these ones exists, why not others not knowing copyright things?

Wrong analysis followed by a consistent, logical chained with false base?

No, i don't think so.

best regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Give yourself another chance to be happy and enjoy good music with

a good audio amplifier.

Build a Dx Amplifier, it is for free... a DIY product, developed inside this forum, because this forum and for this forum..in other words, made for you.

My payment, what i will collect, is some happyness watching you enjoying your construction and using the amplifier.

regards,

Carlos

Status
Not open for further replies.