Desktop TL / BLH with 3Fe25

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
That HexiBase guy has some nice gear for audio testing and playing around with. His little TL box wasn’t too bad sounding. Someone should make a 0.40x scale Karlsonator with 3D printing - but I suspect much quicker and cheaper to make out of foam core. Probably better sounding too as panels have built in damping.

The 3FE25 sounds absolutely wonderful with Karlsonator (also a TQWT mass loaded and with acoustic lens aperture for wide dispersion).

Here is a recent example using a 3FE22 which also works well.
815877d1581326429-mini-karlsonator-0-53x-dual-tc9fds-07614d6c-9f99-4751-8276-03a0ec318f40-jpeg

That is way cool! Hope you print it.
:cheers:

Thank you very much, I put some more time to it and now i have something that is somewhat close to the 0,25 that is printable.

I have to do it in two parts, since it would be impossible to mount the driver otherwise.. :)

Attachments

• 0,25_Printabe.jpg
    0,25_Printabe.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 609
  • Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 242
  • Iso.jpg
    Iso.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 240
  • open.jpg
    open.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 251
I have never modeled a 0.25x scale Karlsonator before. Not sure if it will sound good. Was the reason that 0.4x is too large to print?

To be honest i just thought it looked cute, and will hopefully sound better than my built in monitor speakers. 97% of the time i use headphones but i guess for the other 3% of the time :)

I started printing now so by the end of the week i should have a working pair!

I have never modeled a 0.25x scale Karlsonator before. Not sure if it will sound good. Was the reason that 0.4x is too large to print?
Next time you wind up akabak, do you mind run a 0,25 with the 3fe25 to see what ballpark I could expect? I should be able to measure afterwards so would be interesting to see how far apart they will be.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.