Desktop TL / BLH with 3Fe25

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, very nice project thanks for sharing.

Has a matter i have a pair of FE25 and a big enough 3D printer and thanks to the COVID-19 a bit of time in front of me.

I want to give a shot to it but with some twist to be able for example to include some low end driver in the future, and to have a removable front panel instead of splitting the enclosure in two.

What part of the design can i twist and what should remain the same ? The internal volume, the section, the overall shape ?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,
Anthony

Hello, very nice project thanks for sharing.

Has a matter i have a pair of FE25 and a big enough 3D printer and thanks to the COVID-19 a bit of time in front of me.

I want to give a shot to it but with some twist to be able for example to include some low end driver in the future, and to have a removable front panel instead of splitting the enclosure in two.

What part of the design can i twist and what should remain the same ? The internal volume, the section, the overall shape ?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,
Anthony
Do you plan to 3d print as well? Or the combination?

I can make the front removable if you wish. Or give the side mount version a proper solution.

Hello,

I want to 3D print it has well (just waiting for a .8mm nozzle), the wooden side are really nice and i would probably have went that way if i still had my CNC router, unfortunately i moved and it had to go.

Thanks for your proposal, but i have plenty of time to do it considering the actual situation in France, and your step file will be a huge help.

I will share mine once i reach a satisfactory result but i do have a silly idea...

I was looking at cura's setting the other days, especially the infill, i was searching for something open enough so i could fill the inside of the walls with sand to damp the resonances.

The gyroid made sense in that regard, so i print a couple of test pieces including a cube with very skinny walls. It is not so clean but wow the strength of that thing is unbelievable.

One thing leading to another I'm now thinking to fill the inside of the box with with a gyroid like structure just to see if it will affect the speakers response.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

If this work the end goal is some descent small sub to go with it, if not well not a all lot of loses and still a fun project.

I modified the "sandwich" version to make the driver mountable from the back. The support filamet in the narrow opening is hard to remove without leaving tool marks so i will try to print with PVA as support, which is solvable in water and allows you to make "impossible" geometries. It is a little over kill for this, but since i have it, why not use it?

Attachments

• KS3156324680.14.jpg
    KS3156324680.14.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 246
  • KS3156324680.17.jpg
    KS3156324680.17.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 242
The PLA did not stick enough to the PVA, causing wrapping and eventually the head got stuck and misaligned itself...

View attachment 829284

View attachment 829285

thats the problem with the 3d printing enclosures...having an ender 3, it is slower than the one you are using, so doing a Hexibase inspired design was looking at 30hours per side and half was through looked like it got misaligned...real roll of the dice with what you get out of it :(

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Dont suppose you guys saw the latest "worlds smallest transmission line" video from Hexibase?

Some decided inaccuracies there, and i wonder how he deisgned the TL, it kinda looks out to lunch/ His modeled response is good for such a small driver.

And it is far from the smallest TL, those would be in the ones used for tweeters.

dave

thats the problem with the 3d printing enclosures...having an ender 3, it is slower than the one you are using, so doing a Hexibase inspired design was looking at 30hours per side and half was through looked like it got misaligned...real roll of the dice with what you get out of it :(

Try upgrading to the dual gear extrusion, you can get from 9cm³ to 15cm³/min, worth the 20 bucks on aliexpress

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.