DEQ 2496 Remote Controll (under construction by myself)

No connection

Thanks for your quick reply. Seems nothing special to get it running..
I use a USB to MIDI converter; it is recognised as a "samengesteld USB apparaat" and it functions well in combination with MIDI-OX for firmware update to the BERINGER
When I do a search with the remote software I get this (see: 6724_appcompat.txt).
When I also chose to log MIDI, I get this (DEQ remote.jpg).
Does this give you any clue ? Your help is much appreciated.

Grtz !

Attachments

• 6724_appcompat.txt
    2.5 KB · Views: 148
DEQ remote can not get connection

Hi Seoman,

It took some days due to the forum update :) but these are the files I wanted to post.

Greetz,

Attachments

• Remote 16b error.JPG
    Remote 16b error.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 628
  • Remote 16b error.txt
    544 bytes · Views: 96
My DEQ2496 firmware is version 2.4. On DEQ2496 utiity menu 2 midi setup, I set them all 'ON'. On Seoman's remote control program, click 'midisettings' and if your computer can detect your midi interface connecting between DEQ2496 and computer, it should show "device found".

DEQ 2496 remote no connection

My DEQ2496 firmware is version 2.4. On DEQ2496 utiity menu 2 midi setup, I set them all 'ON'. On Seoman's remote control program, click 'midisettings' and if your computer can detect your midi interface connecting between DEQ2496 and computer, it should show "device found".

Yes, looks simple...however, not overhere....
I hope Seoman is willing to have a closer look.

Grtz !

Hi seoman Hi everybody, Behringer 2496 RemoteControl

Hi seoman, Hi everybody, Behringer 2496 Remote Control :

Seomen , I'm using your program, version 1.2, And it is gerat! Many many thanks for this progmram you created.

I'm useing the program also to "save" memory settings of the GEQ, PEQ (and sometime other settings) of the Behringer. I save that by 'dumping' the Behringers screens and saving them as JPG pictures.

It will be really great if there is an option to "save" the GEQ settings on the computer un a file, and if that file could be "loaded" from the computer back to the Behringer.

Such an option is very useful for those users of the Behringer (like me) that use many different settings (especially GEQ, and PEQ too) and that want to save them on the computer and easily "load" them back into the Behringer.

An option that will enable loading the Behringer with 'old' settings saved on the computer.

Can this option be added to your program ? if the answer is YES , It will really be great !

Thanks.

arie

Hello, it has been quite a while. But i picked up the OLD project once more.

Anybody want to help me test the win7 version?

The main change is that it seems to work under Win7 (x64)
But I also made some visual changes to the Radiobuttons.
If you select dual mono or stereo the program will follow.
If the UC is in stereo mode it seems not respond to the dual mode commands.
So selecting/loading a stereo setup in dualmono mode would disable 99% of the functionality. Not anymore.

problems: screendump is some times distorted.

wishes:
File saving and loading to file.
Still the curves on the peq page
Loading the rta settings from memorydump. The rta settings only react to individual changes on the DEQ.
Still a lot of dump memory bytes are unexplored. And i realy would like to store those memorydump in ini-file style. Not just a file of bytes but readable text.

please post your remarks or questions.

Regards, Simon

Attachments

• DEQ2496Remote17b.zip
    673.9 KB · Views: 277
I will certainly test it under w764bit if that is helpful? Hopefully, I can control it wirelessly from my android as I have turned it into a lovely sounding unit by transformer outputing it as the main DAC and it sounds fantastic. Ultimately I want to control the deq from my android phone, your software rocks, (by the look of it) and is awesome even if it only half works which I havent tested yet. Sterling effort :) I will post my deq mods and research once I have worked out the best format (website, forum, both, neither..) meanwhile, usb/midi cable ordered and will report back.