DC Servo MOSFET Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I had a good look at both of the boards, cant find any thing amiss (BTW nice soldering), dont have eagle eyes.
Non-working board:
1.Pl check the pin 2 and 3 of op amp for any short, which may not be an issue anyway. try reflow of joints if you haven't done that already.
2. see if any of the transistor is exchanged, MPSA 42 to 92, BC327 to 337, IRFP9240 to 240, etc. + you may like to see if any of the semi is dud.

Working board.
1. like I said resistor values check based on the schematic for expected value (if any of the resistor are in parallel.

hope that someone like Mr. Mile is able spot something.
how is the DC offset behavior , might give some indication if the problem like with servo ckt.

Hi Prasi,

What cap did you plan for C10 and C11? That is on the low voltage circuit. You have it marked as 100u but it is a large footprint.

Thanks, Terry

Hi Prasi,

What cap did you plan for C10 and C11? That is on the low voltage circuit. You have it marked as 100u but it is a large footprint.

Thanks, Terry

I wanted to see if using higher value there could give better supply to i/p ckt like 470u being used in Bimo mod of FX-8. (But I never actually got around to testing it)
Just my thought, Mr. Mile's ckt uses 100u.
reg
Prasi

I wanted to see if using higher value there could give better supply to i/p ckt like 470u being used in Bimo mod of FX-8. (But I never actually got around to testing it)
Just my thought, Mr. Mile's ckt uses 100u.
reg
Prasi

Actually, Mile didn't use a big cap on the low voltage section.

Attachments

• APEX FX100.JPG
    APEX FX100.JPG
    423.3 KB · Views: 1,369
Actually, Mile didn't use a big cap on the low voltage section.

Ok my bad. It was my addition. Also added individual electrolytic caps on D of mosfets as a little reserve. Got the idea from one of the slewmasters. Amp will work just fine if one doesnt populate those electros as per Mr. Mile's orginal design.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.