• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Cronus - It's about time.

Thank you for the info.
So the question: is there a list of single board computers compatible with
Cronos ?
The list is quite short...
Fully compatible:
BeagleBone Black
BeagleBone Green

Kind of compatible:
Raspberry Pis
But only with a custom linux driver and only one fixed output frequency.
It should be possible to accept all output frequencies by developping a masterclock divider board between RPi and Cronus (and the according linux driver).

Or you can use USB with amanero...

Last edited:
I actually have a Hermes board designed for rpi that sends the divided synched bitclock to rpi. If someone wants to help me with testing it and any (possibly) required driver changes let me know. I will order the PCBs. The caveat is that the digital audio output of the rpi chipset only supports PCM output - so no DSD. Whereas with the BBB you get DSD.

For now I use rpi all the time USB out to Hermes-Amanero. That works very very well and supports all formats.

I actually have a Hermes board designed for rpi that sends the divided synched bitclock to rpi. If someone wants to help me with testing it and any (possibly) required driver changes let me know.
Great news!
For sure I'm interested! :D
I can help with driver code and testing (at least with LibreElec distribution), if you explain the way you select the dividing factor (i2c? Rpi GPIOs?)

Just let me know ;)

If I interpret previous comments right (I'm not sure), there is a complete solution for the BBB now, which doesn't requires any additional thing like special driver. Just download Arduino or Volumio relese, and install.

A new version for RPI is under development, but this requires special Unix driver, unique to RPI.

There is no general solution for other single board computers.

If I interpret previous comments right (I'm not sure), there is a complete solution for the BBB now, which doesn't requires any additional thing like special driver. Just download Arduino or Volumio relese, and install.

A new version for RPI is under development, but this requires special Unix driver, unique to RPI.

There is no general solution for other single board computers.

Sort of correct. You should look at this thread: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/twisted-pear/272053-hermes-bbb-botic-cape-beaglebone-black.html

and here:

http://bbb.ieero.com/

Hello Russ or Brian

I have been looking into my issue with my Chronus not working , I received it a few days ago, *my earlier version uses adm7150 the new v1.3 has adm7151-02 which is the adjustable version of the ldo, I am only getting 1.5v. Am I correct in assuming the wrong ldo was used?

I actually have a Hermes board designed for rpi that sends the divided synched bitclock to rpi. If someone wants to help me with testing it and any (possibly) required driver changes let me know. I will order the PCBs. The caveat is that the digital audio output of the rpi chipset only supports PCM output - so no DSD. Whereas with the BBB you get DSD.

For now I use rpi all the time USB out to Hermes-Amanero. That works very very well and supports all formats.

1. Does it mean that RPI will use the same Hermes isolator board as BBB, just with different wireing according to RPI's pin alignment?
2. If yes, current Hermes can be added to both BBB Hermes and RPI Hermes?
3. For BBB, please let me know the current availibility of the Hermes/Cronus/Rhea line.

Last edited:
1. Does it mean that RPI will use the same Hermes isolator board as BBB, just with different wireing according to RPI's pin alignment?

No, It is a different Hermes, specifically for the RPi.

2. If yes, current Hermes can be added to both BBB Hermes and RPI Hermes?

See above.

3. For BBB, please let me know the current availibility of the Hermes/Cronus/Rhea line.

All in stock: Cronus Reclocking