• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Cronus - It's about time.

A batch of new Cronus modules...

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20160920_072657.jpg
    IMG_20160920_072657.jpg
    714.7 KB · Views: 1,303
Installed Amanero+Hermes+Cronus on B3SE worked without single glitch, the change is so dramatic, bigger than any USB cable change and USB isolation solution before!!!

One question, MCLK on Cronus should connect to EXT_MCK of B3SE??

Excellent! I am very glad to hear that.

Yes - but only if you have current firmware for the B3SE. Don't forget to remove the clock trident from the B3SE

Thanks Russ. No disrespect intended. Just thought I get some fundamental out of the way to try isolate the issue(s).

I'll respond to francolargo and twluke here for due respect and confine my questions to the TPA support forum moving forward.

@francolargo: yes, I checked my Mac and it recognizes the "Combo 384 Amanero" and shows it's version 1.97 among other things. USB output is chosen and Audio MIDI shows Combo 384 Amanero is 2CH 32 bits and the clock source is Combo 384 Amanero.

@twluke: I ordered my entire Cronus/Hermes/Amanero/Rhea package about 2 weeks ago from TPA. Brian got them shipped out to me real fast :) Very good to know that your setup works well with the MacBook Pro.

Thanks both for your help. I need to figure out how to check the firmware version on my Amanero next.

A quick update on the problem I reported here some time ago.

Thanks to help from Russ and Brian, I am very happy to report the latest version of the Cronus (with Rhea/Hermes/Amanero) works very well with my dual-mono B II. My Buffalo DAC never sounded better to my ears.

The i2s input from Amanero alone was a big step up from the USB-SPDIF converter I was using for a few years. The Cronus/Rhea/Hermes was another step up from the Amanero-only set up. A very worthy investment at this level IMO.