• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

CRC Power Supply (Class A amplifier)

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Isn't the Resistor-2xdiode-cap usually used as a GLB between PSU/signal gnd and chassis (safety earth)?

Yes, but added impedance (even 1R is better than a solid trace) can't hurt in this case if you want to isolate the main AC currents from the low level signal ground.

The diodes are needed anytime a resistor that may go open like fuse, to provide a safety return path.

fab

Joined 2004
Paid Member
The suggestion for ground trace mod is a known best practice and suitable for an universal PSU that will cover for situation including where you can not install a small isolation resistor. You can also have multiple ground return types with different return currents and it provides more flexibility.
Fab

Attachments

• CRCRC-PRASI.png
    CRCRC-PRASI.png
    208.1 KB · Views: 477
Hi Prasi
This is going to be a real universal PSU :)
And pin compatible with this enhanced bridge too?
Ideal bridge rectifier GB

Fab

Hello Fab,
Yes one my friends asked that too, but the pin spacing ideal rectifier is 5.33 mm. So I can either accommodate either ideal rectifier or the Vishay PB.

I will go with the popular demand and make changes to accommodate ideal bridge rectifier by tvicol.

To stryker, For the PB rectifier, it would have been using your own piece of heatsink cut from a larger sink or finding some thing suitable on mouser.
But now lets use the tvicol ideal bridge rectifier that has become popular.

regards
Prasi

I have the same problem when designing PCBs. I just cannot leave them alone. Keep moving things around or changing traces to make things better.
However, no matter how hard I try I am no where as good as Prasi. You rock!
Thank you for your kind words stryker, too kind.
However there are many many perfectionists here who are way way better than me.
My only intension here is to provide a design that satisfies most requirements if not all. So that's why I spend most time in providing options (components, connections, incorporating expert suggestions, etc).
And not the least, best in class product that people love and adore at first sight and more over convenient and sturdy, long lasting build, so they can enjoy their hifi
Regards
Prasi