• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

CRC Power Supply (Class A amplifier)

fab

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Almost ready:).
Hi Prasi
Indeed a good pcb layout. I would suggest a small change on the output ground to have a slightly higher trace return impedance for small signal ground compared to high power ground. This way it avoids more “pollution” of small signal ground by high power ground ac signal. See this example.
Fab

Attachments

• 0ACD1E2B-2058-45EA-B0B9-75546C883211.jpg
    0ACD1E2B-2058-45EA-B0B9-75546C883211.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 364
Last edited:
Hello Prasi

Very beautiful design with impeccable optimization of the place, I really think that this layout and improvements will make this power supply a must.
There are fuse doors the led inside that illuminates the transparent fuse can be the most beautiful effect.

Bravo! ;)

Attachments

• SAM_2808.JPG
    SAM_2808.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 366
Hello Fab, Hicoco and P16,
thank you for your comments. I have incorporated most suggestions.
P16, thanks for suggestion of fuse with led. However some may decide not to use fuse, however will want led display. For those not using fuse, J1/J2 can be populated with 1.5mm dia wire.

I am attaching the schematic and layout along with component dimensions.
I think this will give general idea of components to be used.

regards
Prasi

Attachments

• SCHEMATIC-CRCRC.jpg
    SCHEMATIC-CRCRC.jpg
    550.8 KB · Views: 381
  • CRCRC-PRASI.png
    CRCRC-PRASI.png
    196 KB · Views: 367
  • COMPONENT DIMENSIONS-CRCRC.jpg
    COMPONENT DIMENSIONS-CRCRC.jpg
    463.7 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Hi Prasi
Indeed a good pcb layout. I would suggest a small change on the output ground to have a slightly higher trace return impedance for small signal ground compared to high power ground. This way it avoids more “pollution” of small signal ground by high power ground ac signal. See this example.
Fab

If you want to isolate the small signal GND from dirty power GND, perhaps a 10R resistor GLB and two anti-parallel 1N4004 diodes and 22nF film cap in parallel to form the connection rather than just a thinner trace - which is so short I am not sure it will it will provide any benefit.