Chassis Discussion

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Hello,
1) Perhaps smaller binding posts are warranted as the provided post could make it hard for some to properly tighten spade terminated cables.

We have searched high and low and been unable to find better quality posts that come with the keyed washers. The included Dayton posts are very expensive, but they are excellent. I actually ordered gold plated posts from a dozen (supposedly reputable) Chinese suppliers to see if we could find something to help bring the price of the kit down. I had them all sent for independent metallurgical analysis, and every single one was proven to be a fake (no gold content at all, poor alloy composition or simply not as advertised).

So, for now we stick with our reliable (but expensive) US suppliers with proven track records. For almost all the parts we use in any kit, they are all "Tier 1" US suppliers (Mouser, Digikey, etc). You really can't trust anything that doesn't come from a reputable US supplier with an iron grip on its supply chain. That is why we only use these high level trusted suppliers, and it's important to know that so you can compare apples to apples in terms of the prices of the stuff sold in the diyAudio Store (ie: yes you can buy bags of fake parts and bad customer service on eBay for less, and you should do whatever makes you happy).

2) Only for convenient to disassemble, I can currently remove the Neutrik connectors if mounted on the inside, pull off the fast-ons on the speaker terminals, but the power inlet...is a little knuckle aggrivating with the fast-ons connectors. If the inlet could mount from the inside, you could solder vs using fast-ons and then heat shrink the live line. Then that would just be two more screws to remove. A slightly larger inlet opening would allow to mount on either side with no impact to function.

Got it. This is the first time I've heard of this suggestion, but it is noted. Thank you.

Last edited:
How does top cover fit with the heatsink in mini dissipante? On top of the heatsink?

The top cover is mounted on top of the mounting brackets, you can see a couple of pictures here

Are there any cutout diagrams for the cover? Gotta check if it makes sense to put your 40mm heatsink within the chassis.

Let me know which model you are interested into so I can attach the corresponding CAD drawing to my next post

I just ordered a Korg Nutube B1preamp kit and was thinking it would be cool to get the front plate in that silver aluminum to match the M2x amp that I'm going to build with it. Hey, what the hey, for that matter a black M2x front panel :happy1:would be just as cool too. Is any one or both (to make it hard for me to decide)possible to order? Easy to order?

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
I just ordered a Korg Nutube B1preamp kit and was thinking it would be cool to get the front plate in that silver aluminum to match the M2x amp that I'm going to build with it. Hey, what the hey, for that matter a black M2x front panel :happy1:would be just as cool too. Is any one or both (to make it hard for me to decide)possible to order? Easy to order?

The current batch of Korg B1 chassis (US stock, sitting on the shelf in Massachusets) were all done in black. There's only a couple left and will likely sell out today. Once this batch of chassis and pioneer kits sells out, we'll do a pre-order for a production run, and yes we will offer the option for a silver front panel. However it will be a 2-3 month wait.

I already have the M2x kit at home waiting for me. I wonder if I could match the black finish on the B1 and paint it? Ghetto style!

We don't sell a M2X kit, but certainly you're welcome to experiment however you like. You could also order fully customized front panels - expensive but do-able.

Is the width of the 10mm Silver Front Panel used on the Dissipante 3U chassis the same width as used on the Pesante 2U chassis?

In other words, if I stack these two different chassis styles (both using the 10mm silver face panels option) on top of each other, will they match in width?

Yes, they are both 450mm and the finishing is the same

Last edited: