CD player with distortion. laser?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Distortion on playback

One of the commonest causes of distortion in earlier Pioneer players was the failure of the buffer ram memory, which used to be a separate item. Track search, skip eye pattern etc all looked normal. Audio sounded like a badly worn 78, very distorted and with a constant crackling/scratching. Replacement cured.

Hey

I have been following up on this thread. I am cheering for you.:).
I might be able to help.
I have quite a few 4264-10 and 4264-12 (or maybe 4164-15) laying around (since the old commodore 64 days) these might be very similar to what you are looking for.

I'm not sure if these might help, maybe mooly or someone can tell us.

let me know if i can help you in any way...

I have been following up on this thread. I am cheering for you.:).
I might be able to help.
I have quite a few 4264-10 and 4264-12 (or maybe 4164-15) laying around (since the old commodore 64 days) these might be very similar to what you are looking for.

I'm not sure if these might help, maybe mooly or someone can tell us.

let me know if i can help you in any way...

Hi, Thanks so much, I do hope that I get it fixed, I have once been to Haifa many years a go, magical place indeed.
I will let you know on the chip front, not sure if similar models will suit. Maybe someone else could advise.
Thanks again.

Hi All,

I found a board !! I thought I had more than one.

It has the MN4264P-15 but the SAA7220P/A not P/B

They are compatable - the /B has slightly better specs.

I'll remove them over the weekend and send them on Monday.

Andy

Hi, I am not sure if the PMs are getting to you, but can you please let me know what is going on, if you cant get the chip to me for whatever reason please please let me know ASAP, as I need to source another one.
I apologise if you are very busy, and dont feel you have to supply one, just need to know either way.

Thanks
Graham

I think

Mooly is right.
I also think the suffix refers to speed, but i'm guessing too.
I have attached a picture of the chips I have. please let me know if you need any help regarding these chips. As i said, i have quite a few of these, and i don't think i will use any soon.

Attachments

• DSCF0696111.JPG
    DSCF0696111.JPG
    311 KB · Views: 154
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.