C/E/X PA Flat to 30 (FT30) PA TH Awesomeness

I read it's best to delete the old version of HR prior installing the new. If I uninstall the old version, will it delete that file? Should I save a copy of the .dat file, just in case?

Hi CRESCENDO,

Simply copy the new Hornresp.exe file into the Hornresp folder, replacing the old Hornresp.exe file.

The Hornresp.dat file will not be deleted. There is no need to save a backup copy.

Kind regards,

David

The September mix didn’t even border my colleagues :)

How so? :)

I think I got a pretty good picture of your wishes/demands but as long you have to deal with the 3015’s you’ll have to accept some concessions.

I know 6 cabs will take up more space, but it appears I will be able to get more output with the power I currently have available (opposed to epa's tnx box or Xoc1's real 6 fold - of which I'd only be able to power 2 of, moderately)

More follow-up later. It has taken me way too long to compose this msg on my friend's touchscreen phone :rolleyes: mainly has to do with jbell's stadiumhorn being very efficient where I need it compared to all other designs for the 3015LF. I got close with my design, but it was already the size of the stadiumhorn. Might be what I should utilize after all.

Normally we play more indie stuff or tracks from decades ago. They'll say "that ain't music... that's loud noise".

I know 6 cabs will take up more space, but it appears I will be able to get more output with the power I currently have available (opposed to epa's tnx box or Xoc1's real 6 fold - of which I'd only be able to power 2 of, moderately)
You got it.

More follow-up later. It has taken me way too long to compose this msg on my friend's touchscreen phone :rolleyes: mainly has to do with jbell's stadiumhorn being very efficient where I need it compared to all other designs for the 3015LF. I got close with my design, but it was already the size of the stadiumhorn. Might be what I should utilize after all.
Since you have 3 cabs per side, centric mouth would do better in relation to coupling and directivity pattern. In other words, a lot has happened between the design of the Stadiumhorn and today..... Besides the downgrade change in the 3015lf's ;)

Last edited:
Since you have 3 cabs per side, centric mouth would do better in relation to coupling and directivity pattern.

Well, I have 6 drivers. Whether they're split up, 3/side or stacked together for a group of 6, is to be considered. As far as centric mouth is concerned, are you talking about the mouth being in the center of the cab? Or coupling the mouths together in the center?

Hi Justin,

I was only suggesting don’t give up since you have come a long way. I was counting you will be using 3 drivers/cabs per side. That can give a nice square form for equal horizontal/vertical directivity pattern and a centre opening in the cabs would be ideal for 3 cabs per side.

This is what I have in mind, a combined horn mouth of at least 60Hz (= 125cm x 125cm).

Crescendo_Stack_04.jpg

Oh, ok! That gives me a bit more motivation then. I know the final layout of the horn is up to the person folding it, but do certain parameters in hornresp have to be within a certain range in order to fall inline with your suggestion above? (I've come up w/an enclosure that is 12.7% efficient @ 38Hz, but is 600L int)

The 125cm x 125cm are nothing more then minimum specs for three cabs. This is to make sure the combined cabs create a total horn that will work to 60Hz in stacks of three. In one large stack of 6 it will work down to 30Hz. Of course it is your own choice but I wouldn’t go for anything above 350Liters in HornResp to keep everything '(trans)portable'.

If you have an idea just show it!