Build This MoFo!

Joined 2000
Paid Member
I'm pretty sure I lent them out to a friend too.

Hey, I never said I was proud of my mistake(s). :D
I like to point out my mistakes and have a laugh and maybe someone will read this and be more careful with their builds.

"MoFo Power Amplifiers. As rugged as an A10 Warthog!"

Glad you enjoyed my story! :)

Don't feal bad. Years ago while at tecknical school I was talking to another student who was studying avionics electronics. I hapened to pick one of the used pieces of avionics they had l I noticed a resistor that had never been soldered . Heck that wasn't a $10 table radio but a piece of expensive airplane electronics with an unsoldered component !

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
this is certainly lucky story

though, I always cringe seeing those nasty blade and screw connectors, ppl putting on pcbs, instead of soldering

even when "just for power", everything in audio thingie is carrying or suppressing some signal

forgotten solder position is less critical - once it will give up and you'll find it and correct omission

Hi Guys
very interesting thread.

I only have one question and please forgive me, I really don't know what it means. Last night I stumbled across this thread here, and that I started to read and almost read these 296 Pages was because of the title of the thread, "build this MOFO" what does MoFo means exactly? Sorry I don't know but wish to know.
Mo stands for Mosfet I suppose, but the FO is for me a big secret, and because of my limited english I can't think of something which makes sense.

Thanks if someone can explain it to me.
Regards

Chris Hess

I always cringe seeing those nasty blade and screw connectors, ppl putting on pcbs, instead of soldering

What exactly do you not like about the screw terminals?

I also like solder joints (don't really know why), but screw terminals can be great if you have to take the board out, and put it back in, and out, and in, and out, and in, and out, and ... .