Build This MoFo!

Here my fugly build. I use this built methode to temporary test the amp. First thing after this build is the BA-3, my normally used preamp isn’t powerful enough. Also had some issues with different volume levels per channel, psupp is exactly the same, voltage over L1 also. Not found the exact problem yet. Can it be a different Ids?

Attachments

• 230B1074-EAF1-471D-B48D-ABB67244BF72.jpeg
    230B1074-EAF1-471D-B48D-ABB67244BF72.jpeg
    845.1 KB · Views: 776
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Cautionary Tale and a Bit of Luck

The other day I inserted the MoFo monoblocks into the system. Always enjoy hearing them, but from early on there would be some static from the "left" amp. Eventually it would go away. Thought it might be a leaky cap or a cold solder joint. I didnt know exactly how cold.

Decided this morning was the time to get to the bottom of the issue. Disconnected all leads, unscrewed the mosfet, unscrewed board from the standoffs.
Pulled the board out, but the mosfet was stuck to the heatsink! The board pads were clean.
I did not solder the mosfet to the board! :headbash:

So it ran this way for a couple of years...

...I'm a lucky MoFo!!! :D

Attachments

• mofo_repair_00.jpg
    mofo_repair_00.jpg
    446.2 KB · Views: 434
  • mofo_repair_01.jpg
    mofo_repair_01.jpg
    383.8 KB · Views: 406
The other day I inserted the MoFo monoblocks into the system. Always enjoy hearing them, but from early on there would be some static from the "left" amp. Eventually it would go away. Thought it might be a leaky cap or a cold solder joint. I didnt know exactly how cold.

Decided this morning was the time to get to the bottom of the issue. Disconnected all leads, unscrewed the mosfet, unscrewed board from the standoffs.
Pulled the board out, but the mosfet was stuck to the heatsink! The board pads were clean.

Incredible DIY miracle story haha :cheerful: Congratulations!

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member

what a Bstrd!!!

Omission - ZM worthy!!

:clown: