• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Bruno Putzeys Preampli - GB for the 6 Input Board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is the PCB layout, where a female TE connector has to be placed on the PCB instead of Relay7 when using the 6 input GB board + Interface board.

VolCB_PCB.jpg

Female PCB Connector is the :
TE CONNECTIVITY / AMP 2178710-8 Wire-To-Board Connector, Micro-MaTch Value-Line Series.
Enrico has already given the type number for a matching 130mm ribbon cable with a male connector for the VolCB side.
But 130mm might be a bit on the short side, so the 200mm version TE CONNECTIVITY 2205070-3 RIBBON CABLE might be better.

Hans

Hans,

I am looking in the PCB layout but I can't figure out how the TE connector can fit the R7 footprint. The pads for R2-3-4-5-6 can fit but not the R1 and the +5V.
Maybe I miss something?

Regards,
Enrico

Hi Enrico,
Better double checked than not checked at all.
The yellow line shows how to the female connector will sit on the VolCB.
I think everything is O.K., including the mounting notch in brown on top.
Let me know if you still think something is wrong.

Connector.jpg

Regards,
Hans

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Hi Enrico,
Better double checked than not checked at all.
The yellow line shows how to the female connector will sit on the VolCB.
I think everything is O.K., including the mounting notch in brown on top.
Let me know if you still think something is wrong.

View attachment 551143

Regards,
Hans

I fully agreed with you! Now looks OK but I will check again and let you know.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Enrico

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Interface PCB

I am done with the small PCB.

Hans, please give a look and let me know if there is something wrong... Thanks!

The board size is 48 x 38 mm. I can make a little smaller but I prefer to give some solid support to the 10 pin that will connect with the 6 input board.
As per the relay datasheet the protection diode is not required.

I will keep the list open for a while, there is no rush for this GB until the relevant Maja GB with the VolCB board is not ready.

Without saying, any comment or suggestion is welcome.

Best Regards,
Enrico

Attachments

• Screenshot (173).png
    Screenshot (173).png
    58.3 KB · Views: 128
I am done with the small PCB.

Hans, please give a look and let me know if there is something wrong... Thanks!

The board size is 48 x 38 mm. I can make a little smaller but I prefer to give some solid support to the 10 pin that will connect with the 6 input board.
As per the relay datasheet the protection diode is not required.

I will keep the list open for a while, there is no rush for this GB until the relevant Maja GB with the VolCB board is not ready.

Without saying, any comment or suggestion is welcome.

Best Regards,
Enrico
Hi Enrico,

This must be the back side of the PCB.
Use the 9007-05-01 relay with built in suppression diode, which may be hard to get.
Or the 9007-05-00, which definitely needs a suppression diode (1N4148) to protect the PCF8574.
So I would advice adding the option of mounting a diode, just to stay universal.
Further everything seems O.K.

Hans

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Hi Enrico,

This must be the back side of the PCB.
Use the 9007-05-01 relay with built in suppression diode, which may be hard to get.
Or the 9007-05-00, which definitely needs a suppression diode (1N4148) to protect the PCF8574.
So I would advice adding the option of mounting a diode, just to stay universal.
Further everything seems O.K.

Hans

Thanks Hans for the advise.

The 9007-05-01 are available in Mouser but you are right, this will make the board universal. I will add the pads in the bottom side.

Best Regards,
Enrico

Hans,

Here is the revised board with the protection diodes added in the bottom side.

Best Regards,
Enrico
Now I'm a bit confused. I asked you in #134 whether this was the back side of the PCB
Now I get the impression that the side with the red dots is the component side.
In that case, the connector to the VolCB is mirrored.
See drawing below, from component side.

Connector.jpg

Hans

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Now I'm a bit confused. I asked you in #134 whether this was the back side of the PCB
Now I get the impression that the side with the red dots is the component side.
In that case, the connector to the VolCB is mirrored.
See drawing below, from component side.

View attachment 551379

Hans

Hans,

Apologize for the confusion, I though you was referring to the side of the board where you suggest to install the diodes.

About the connector, the picture you shown is the footprint for the connector to be installed in the VolCB.

Looking at the datasheet of the cable (I can't post here now) the sideA (VolCB) and the sideB (soldered in the interface board) are mirrored. At least this is what I was able to figure out from the datasheets and the VolCB footprint you sent yesterday but maybe I am wrong

Anyway I will get one cable in the hands before to place the PCB's order to avoid any surprise

Thanks and Regards,
Enrico

Hans,

Apologize for the confusion, I though you was referring to the side of the board where you suggest to install the diodes.

About the connector, the picture you shown is the footprint for the connector to be installed in the VolCB.

Looking at the datasheet of the cable (I can't post here now) the sideA (VolCB) and the sideB (soldered in the interface board) are mirrored. At least this is what I was able to figure out from the datasheets and the VolCB footprint you sent yesterday but maybe I am wrong

Anyway I will get one cable in the hands before to place the PCB's order to avoid any surprise

Thanks and Regards,
Enrico
Hi Enrico,
The documentation of the cable is a bit uncomplete, but your decision to buy one cable is the best way to proceed.
Regards,
Hans

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.