• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Bruno Putzeys Preampli - GB for the 6 Input Board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2010
Paid Member
The GB for the Maya is closed and look like there are no more of you interested for the interface board.

I will be in vacation for 3 weeks from 5th of July and I would like send you your boards before that date. So, I will order 15 pcb (few spare for the last minute guys) and I should have them in 10 days.
I am still waiting for the ribbon cable before place the pcb order. I hope to have it soon and speed up the pcbs.

In the next few days I will calculate the cost by board "PnP" plus the shipping cost. I hope that is not so expensive but anyway 15 boards are not the quantity that can help t reduce the costs.

Best Regards,
Enrico

Joined 2010
Paid Member
So, the price of the interface boards PnP is 28 USD each plus 12 USD for the traced shipping.

I am sorry but I can't do better than this with a so small amount of boards.

I will send you to each of you a PM for the payment.

The ribbon cable should be here tomorrow and I will check the board design before issue the PCB order.

I think that I will have the PCB here by 15th and be able to send all the boards before the end of the month.

Best Regards,
Enrico

Joined 2010
Paid Member
The cable is arrived and tonight I will check the PCB design

In order to be sure to mail out the boards before I leave I would like to place the order of the PCBs as soon as possible but as of today I received the payment only from pchw.

If you are not more interested is not a problem for me, just please let me know

Best Regards,
Enrico

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Still confused with the cable

Hi Enrico,
Better double checked than not checked at all.
The yellow line shows how to the female connector will sit on the VolCB.
I think everything is O.K., including the mounting notch in brown on top.
Let me know if you still think something is wrong.

View attachment 551143

Regards,
Hans

Hi Hans,

I received the cable and I am checking the connections starting from the picture of the silkscreen you attached here.

The reference point is "up" in you picture and the line from Rel4 to Rel1 at the left is more near to the reference point than the line Rel5, Rel6 and +5V.

Looking at the cable I can't match the reference point with the 2 lines. In the cable, keeping the reference "up", the left line (Rel4 to Rel1) is lower than the other line (Rel5 to +5V)

I attached a picture indicating the reference point. As you can see the 2 lines are different from your silkscreen

This is valid in both the side of the cable

Hoping that the above is understandable can you please confirm what I am saying?

Thanks and Regards,
Enrico

Attachments

• DSC02793.jpg
    DSC02793.jpg
    521.8 KB · Views: 130
Joined 2010
Paid Member
Hi Hans,

I received the cable and I am checking the connections starting from the picture of the silkscreen you attached here.

The reference point is "up" in you picture and the line from Rel4 to Rel1 at the left is more near to the reference point than the line Rel5, Rel6 and +5V.

Looking at the cable I can't match the reference point with the 2 lines. In the cable, keeping the reference "up", the left line (Rel4 to Rel1) is lower than the other line (Rel5 to +5V)

I attached a picture indicating the reference point. As you can see the 2 lines are different from your silkscreen

This is valid in both the side of the cable

Hoping that the above is understandable can you please confirm what I am saying?

Thanks and Regards,
Enrico

Hans,

Sorry, I am quoting myself, the only way that make sense on your silkscreen is to mount the cable in the bottom side of PCB. Maybe this was your intention?

Regards,
Enrico

Attachments

• DSC02795.jpg
    DSC02795.jpg
    518.9 KB · Views: 122
Hans,

Sorry, I am quoting myself, the only way that make sense on your silkscreen is to mount the cable in the bottom side of PCB. Maybe this was your intention?

Regards,
Enrico
Hi Enrico,

It´s o.k. to check and double check.
The pins of the plug on your picture are misleading because they are at the opposite side of the pins of connector 2178710-8.
So to my opinion everything is just fine.
The red wire in your cable should be the +5V

Plug.jpg

Hans

Last edited:
Joined 2010
Paid Member
Hi Enrico,

It´s o.k. to check and double check.
The pins of the plug on your picture are misleading because they are at the opposite side of the pins of connector 2178710-8.
So to my opinion everything is just fine.
The red wire in your cable should be the +5V

View attachment 553728

Hans

Hi Hans,

Thanks for your reply.

You are right, the pin connection in the cable is disaligned with female connector in the PCB and now everything make sense.

This also confirm that the female connector should be installed in the VolCB while the fix part of the cable will be in my side?

Thanks again and Best Regards,
Enrico

Hi Hans,

Thanks for your reply.

You are right, the pin connection in the cable is disaligned with female connector in the PCB and now everything make sense.

This also confirm that the female connector should be installed in the VolCB while the fix part of the cable will be in my side?

Thanks again and Best Regards,
Enrico
Female connector on VolCB, that was exactly what I had in mind.

Hans

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Thanks to the kind support from Hans I reviewed the PCB layout and now I am ready to place the order for PCBs and parts.

This is the status of the payments as of today:

NATDBERG - 2 PnP
Lbud4 - 2 PnP
pchw - 2 PnP - PAID
badman - 1 PnP - PAID
vasilis -2 PnP - PAID
Mravinsky - 2 PnP

I am sorry to stress who is still pending, I am just afraid to don't complete on time and send out the boards after my vacation.
So, please send me the missing payment asap.

Thanks and Regards,
Enrico

Attachments

• Screenshot (179).png
    Screenshot (179).png
    70.8 KB · Views: 108
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.