• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

AudioSector-chip amp kits, dacs, chassis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
peter im sending all my parts and orders out today, i was wondering if i could get the dimensions of the case off of you?

thanks;)

Attachments

• ch1.jpg
    ch1.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 1,441
Parts in Vancouver?

Hi I'm building my first 3875 kit from Peter. So far I've got the boards all built. I want to do a full dual monoblok setup.

Does anyone know of a local store in Vancouver where I could get some transformers (toroid or ei), chassy material, wire etc? I am very new to this and don't know where to start looking. I suppose I could go to the phone book, but if someone knows of a really great spot and could pass it on, that would be great.

Thanks a lot!

As far as material for cabinet goes, you can take a trip up and down the Frasier river ( landside of course) :D
I,ve never seen so much aluminum before. It seems everybody builds, and repair ships with it. Even old trawlers get the wood removed above waterline, and built up again in aluminum.
Talk to one of the small repair shops, and try to get a look in their dumpster, a handful of cold beer may be appreciated ;)

Best regards
Ebbe

Re: Parts in Vancouver?

meaghers said:
Hi I'm building my first 3875 kit from Peter. So far I've got the boards all built. I want to do a full dual monoblok setup.

Does anyone know of a local store in Vancouver where I could get some transformers (toroid or ei), chassy material, wire etc? I am very new to this and don't know where to start looking. I suppose I could go to the phone book, but if someone knows of a really great spot and could pass it on, that would be great.

Thanks a lot!

I'm right across the harbor in victoria :) if you need a few things i can donate to you.

Jase

With a power amp version only, you don't need a copper piece (it's needed for Integrated amp version when potentiometer and source selector needs to be installed as well). The chips in amp version mount directly to mid-plate and the standoffs to support board to the bottom plate. This is also more efficient way to release heat.

The supplied 2 screws with nuts are supposed to plug 2 center (unused) holes in a back.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.