Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter

Hi,

I got today the reaction from Denafrips.
I Don't know yet wat I will do, maybe I open the can off...
Or I sell the unit time will tell...

Rudy

Q. On the diyaudio forum I put some photos from the inside off the Denafrips Terminator Plus and we see the clock's are put on a module.
My question is can you provide me a module like this without the clock's?
So I can switch the module with the SC-PURE clocks .
Here is the link and Ian Canada also response about my i2s connection if you scroll down you see my pictures:
https://www.diyaudio.com/community/...eapon-to-fight-the-jitter.192465/post-7477764
Best regards,
Rudy

A.
I regret to inform you that Denafrips does not offer product hardware customization, and we do not endorse or recommend modifying our products.
Modification voids the warranty and renders the product out of warranty.

I understand why some customers like to modify the products but such modification opens a can of worms for after sales service and support - where we are not possibly able to allocate resources for such inquiries.
I hope for your kind understanding."

Hey guys, inspired by your recent conversation, I also contacted my DAC manufacturer (Lessloss) and they confirmed as well that the reclocking of the digital signal happens, just didn't reveal the actual type of clocks used.

I will add though that even despite the additional reclocking, the effect of the clocks could be observed, but just to a much lesser extent.
In my case, I clearly heard that the first 100 hours they were not good in my system, up to 200 hours somewhat similar and only after 200-300 hrs mark slightly but noticeably better than my Accus.

What's more interesting in light of this new info is that the vibration dampening of the SC-Pures had more profound effect than their break-in. After I made this tweak, I noticed speed up in PRaT, more energetic highs and overall more dynamics.

Attachments

• IMG_20231004_232126.jpg
    IMG_20231004_232126.jpg
    612.7 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_20231004_234940.jpg
    IMG_20231004_234940.jpg
    401.4 KB · Views: 202
Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys, inspired by your recent conversation, I also contacted my DAC manufacturer (Lessloss) and they confirmed as well that the reclocking of the digital signal happens, just didn't reveal the actual type of clocks used.

I will add though that even despite the additional reclocking, the effect of the clocks could be observed, but just to a much lesser extent.
In my case, I clearly heard that the first 100 hours they were not good in my system, up to 200 hours somewhat similar and only after 200-300 hrs mark slightly but noticeably better than my Accus.

What's more interesting in light of this new info is that the vibration dampening of the SC-Pures had more profound effect than their break-in. After I made this tweak, I noticed speed up in PRaT, more energetic highs and overall more dynamics.
I’ve got to put dampening on my list too.

@JanDH from Ian order form. Sometimes he has a few units before they hit audiophonics. I know he was testing it. I just took a chance put it on order and he was able to ship me one. I think was the same for SC-Pure there were some pre-release available. live an hour down the highway from him.

I think I posted about it and pictures and highlighted differences.

Reactions: 2 users
Many. Check out @Gabster 2000 YouTube video on simple streamer stack. I have built streamer and separate DAC recently. See posts here.
Yeah, I've seen his videos and they are really helpful but I wanted to try to get an idea of the quality level of 1. Ian's boards vs. "mainstream" boards ( boards used in most streamers or DAC's ) and 2. What is a comparitable model or brand to the quality of the streamer using Ian's boards? Thanks!
- Bri