Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter

Hi everyone, what's the best/easiest way to connect the FifoPi Q7 with an I2S signal?
My need is to have a Bluetooth dac, so I will use a Bluetooth to I2S(perhaps slave) receiver, somehow connect it to FifoPiQ7 and so I can have clean output to the dac chip, all in one box.
Looking at the datasheet for FifoPiQ7 it accepts I2C but not I2S and I don't want to use a Pi at all. I've looked at the ReceiverPi Pro but there's no easy I2S input pins and I'm not 100% I can use it without an actual PI.

FifoPiQ7 takes external I2S. The best way is to use an input adapter to connect to an external I2S source.

Attachments

• I2S_ipunt_adapter_GPIO1.1.jpg
    I2S_ipunt_adapter_GPIO1.1.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 133
  • I2S_ipunt_adapterKIT_sharing.jpg
    I2S_ipunt_adapterKIT_sharing.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 130
  • I2S_ipunt_adapter_FIFOpi.jpg
    I2S_ipunt_adapter_FIFOpi.jpg
    297.2 KB · Views: 123
Reactions: 2 users
New ES9038Q2M DM MKII best sound quality configuration

I have been testing this new ES9038Q2M Dual Mono MKII DAC for more than two weeks. I’m really happy with it.

I tried many configurations. They are all excellent. Based on my test, the best sound quality configuration is:
#4B ES9038Q2M Dual Mono MKII DAC DAC
#6B OPA861 I/V
#1D FifoPiQ7 with SC-Pure 45 and 49
#32B LinearPi Solo 5V with #25B UcConditioner 5V
#41C UcPureMkIII 3.3V for both Q7 and DAC (two UcPure3.3V could be even better)
#41C 2*UcPureMkIII 5V for I/V
#49B MonitorPiPro as controller
RaspberryPi 4
#35B StationPiPro (optional)
#19C ReceiverPiProII with controller (optional)
USB streamer (Amanero or compatible, optional)

The recommended MonitorPiPro or ESS controller configuration with SC-Pure 45/49:
  1. DPLL Bandwidth PCM:1
  2. DPLL Bandwidth DSD:1
  3. Other settings: default
Software driver configuration: Audiophonics ESS I-Sabre DAC

ES9038Q2M Dual Mono MKII DAC has more improvements over the previous version.
https://www.diyaudio.com/community/...fight-the-jitter.192465/page-475#post-7452106
But the SC-Pure clocks and UcPure MkIII power supplies (with 3000F UCs) also make big differences.

It could be the best sound quality Sigma-Delta DAC so far I have ever listened to. I even couldn’t decide which one I prefer when compared with my Spring3 (Drive be my external DDC with the same SC-Pure clock upgrade). They are both great. The Spring3 is one of the best R2R that I highly recommend. It sounds a little bit more dynamic. However, the ES9038Q2M DM MKII sounds more musical and delicate, especially for violin and vocal.

Please see the attached picture for the system under testing. I’ll order a case next to make it a well finished DAC.

ES9038Q2MDMII by Ian

BestDsDacIntegration by Ian

Attachments

• ListeningRoom.jpg
    ListeningRoom.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 290
  • TestingSystem.jpg
    TestingSystem.jpg
    755.6 KB · Views: 300
Reactions: 8 users
Hi everyone, what's the best/easiest way to connect the FifoPi Q7 with an I2S signal?
My need is to have a Bluetooth dac, so I will use a Bluetooth to I2S(perhaps slave) receiver, somehow connect it to FifoPiQ7 and so I can have clean output to the dac chip, all in one box.
Looking at the datasheet for FifoPiQ7 it accepts I2C but not I2S and I don't want to use a Pi at all. I've looked at the ReceiverPi Pro but there's no easy I2S input pins and I'm not 100% I can use it without an actual PI.
ReceiverPiPro can receive i2S over hdmi port - that’s the i2S interface to it. See my DAC build

New ES9038Q2M DM MKII best sound quality configuration

I have been testing this new ES9038Q2M Dual Mono MKII DAC for more than two weeks. I’m really happy with it.

I tried many configurations. They are all excellent. Based on my test, the best sound quality configuration is:
#4B ES9038Q2M Dual Mono MKII DAC DAC
#6B OPA861 I/V
#1D FifoPiQ7 with SC-Pure 45 and 49
#32B LinearPi Solo 5V with #25B UcConditioner 5V
#41C UcPureMkIII 3.3V for both Q7 and DAC (two UcPure3.3V could be even better)
#41C 2*UcPureMkIII 5V for I/V
#49B MonitorPiPro as controller
RaspberryPi 4
#35B StationPiPro (optional)
#19C ReceiverPiProII with controller (optional)
USB streamer (Amanero or compatible, optional)

The recommended MonitorPiPro or ESS controller configuration with SC-Pure 45/49:
  1. DPLL Bandwidth PCM:1
  2. DPLL Bandwidth DSD:1
  3. Other settings: default
Software driver configuration: Audiophonics ESS I-Sabre DAC

ES9038Q2M Dual Mono MKII DAC has more improvements over the previous version.
https://www.diyaudio.com/community/...fight-the-jitter.192465/page-475#post-7452106
But the SC-Pure clocks and UcPure MkIII power supplies (with 3000F UCs) also make big differences.

It could be the best sound quality Sigma-Delta DAC so far I have ever listened to. I even couldn’t decide which one I prefer when compared with my Spring3 (Drive be my external DDC with the same SC-Pure clock upgrade). They are both great. The Spring3 is one of the best R2R that I highly recommend. It sounds a little bit more dynamic. However, the ES9038Q2M DM MKII sounds more musical and delicate, especially for violin and vocal.

Please see the attached picture for the system under testing. I’ll order a case next to make it a well finished DAC.

ES9038Q2MDMII by Ian

BestDsDacIntegration by Ian
I have this DAC board and it’s working great with FiFoPiQ7 with SCPure clocks powered by UCPureMkIII- now all soaked in. And the power blocks are more convenient.

I haven’t gone UCPure for the output board but I have linear pi duo for compactness.

Reactions: 1 user