Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter

Hi,

First test with all components connected! This is exciting! Thank you everyone for your help! :)

More pictures coming soon.

First impressions are positive but I know improvements are coming. Soundstage is already impressive. Will let you know.
Full report coming soon. 🎶🎵🎶

Thank you again!

Yves

Attachments

• IMG_2052.jpeg
    IMG_2052.jpeg
    595 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_2051.jpeg
    IMG_2051.jpeg
    389.4 KB · Views: 316
Reactions: 7 users
Hi,

First test with all components connected! This is exciting! Thank you everyone for your help! :)

More pictures coming soon.

First impressions are positive but I know improvements are coming. Soundstage is already impressive. Will let you know.
Full report coming soon. 🎶🎵🎶

Thank you again!

Yves
Impressive job! It's truly satisfying to witness your system in action. Your enthusiasm is contagious and brings a smile to my face.

I also appreciate the way you've skillfully concealed those sizable nuts on the UC pures and added padding beneath the boards. It's a thoughtful touch that enhances the overall safety.

Reactions: 1 users
I have a question, I use the non-isolated side of the Ian isolator II GPIO for a rotary encoder, infrared, power LED and safe power off button raspberry pi.
It is also possible with this configuration to use a Monitor Pi or Monitor Pi Pro?
I want to install this at the front.

in use with such a gpio heather with an ian canada gpio extension kit.

ian canada purePI, 3.3v - 5v
ucconditioner 3.3v.
raspberry pi 3b.
Ian canada isolator II.
FifoPiMA 1.5.

thanks.

Attachments

• 2023-10-14-13-23-04-876.jpg
    2023-10-14-13-23-04-876.jpg
    423.1 KB · Views: 228
  • 2023-10-14-13-22-51-459.jpg
    2023-10-14-13-22-51-459.jpg
    439.6 KB · Views: 215
  • KW-3111-02-766x511w.jpg
    KW-3111-02-766x511w.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 223
  • 2023-10-14-13-58-19-227.jpg
    2023-10-14-13-58-19-227.jpg
    399.5 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
@Yveskoala
Looks very nice thought out, congrats. I like how you handled vibration control as well and I see two things you could consider to upgrade it to higher level. First, if anyhow possible, I'd take out the toroids from this platform and put them somewhere separately, so they don't expel their vibrations onto the baseplate to the other sensitive components. I know that the wood absorbs some of the vibrations and that is definitely a clever choice, but for the best effect, I'd always leave toroids out of the main pack.
Even better would be, if you would vibrationally stabilize the toroids in their separate enclosure with some proper pads..

Secondly, those pads under your spikes are very basic, I'd suggest some more sophisticated like Audio Bastion X-Pad Pro or similar. In the next few weeks I'm going to test Zen Discs ceramic and tungsten from Audio Engineers, so you can perhaps also wait how this comparison will turn out, just they're little bit more expensive..

Reactions: 1 user
I have a question, I use the non-isolated side of the Ian isolator II GPIO for a rotary encoder, infrared, power LED and safe power off button raspberry pi.
It is also possible with this configuration to use a Monitor Pi or Monitor Pi Pro?

ucconditioner 3.3v.
raspberry pi 3b.
Ian canada isolator II.
FifoPiMA 1.5.

thanks.
Hello Gizmo3,

Nice work, enjoy the music 😊.

A question: is the display on one of your raspberry connected and what type/model is it??
Rgrds, Jan

How can I add USB input to my stack?:
  • RPi 4
  • ReceiverPi Pro II
  • MonitorPi Pro
  • FifoPi Q7
  • TransportiPi MKII

unreleased ReceiverPi DDC as Ian mentioned (would require a ammanero compatible USB to I2S)
connecting via pins to a receiverPi from a USB to I2S converter board (would require you to get a different receiver board).
Station Pi Pro and ammanero compatible USB to I2S (would allow you to switch between USB and Pi)
Bridge Pi and ammenero compatible USB to I2S (would not use the GPIO header of the Pi, connect a USB cable between the Pi and the USB to I2S converter)

Hello Gizmo3,

Nice work, enjoy the music 😊.

A question: is the display on one of your raspberry connected and what type/model is it??
Rgrds, Jan
thanks, sounds wonderful:)
the screen is a 7.9 inch waveshare HDMI IPS with touch.
is connected to the Raspberry Pi (from which I also play music) the touch panel via the USB of the Raspberry Pi.
the power comes from an external 5 volt power supply to spare the raspberry pi.

https://www.waveshare.com/7.9inch-hdmi-lcd.htm

Impressive job! It's truly satisfying to witness your system in action. Your enthusiasm is contagious and brings a smile to my face.

I also appreciate the way you've skillfully concealed those sizable nuts on the UC pures and added padding beneath the boards. It's a thoughtful touch that enhances the overall safety.
Thank you Gabby! It‘s really appreciated!

I hope you recognize the inspiration you gave me in your videos. You are the first one to give me this idea it was possible. I was looking for a solution on the market without success when I saw your simple streamer project video on YouTube.

The job I did on the UcPure“s nut and pads, the feet under the board, the bamboo board were all ideas I got from you. Please take credit for these. I am still a padawan learning from a master.

I am the one who should say to you: “Your enthusiasm is contagious and brings a smile to my face”. Thank you again! :)

P.S. My next steps are working on padding and shielding, I know where to look for inspiration.

Reactions: 3 users
SC-Pure and UCPureMkIII DAC listening update.

Had my friend over thus the late night picture. To listen again after UCPure and clock burnin.

Observations
1. Vocal clarity. He remarked understanding lyrics he didn’t 2 weeks ago.
2. More ‘verb’ reverb and room sounds.
3. Source crappieness. You can really really notice musician mistakes that got by production and also crappy production over compression etc.
4. Soundstage better yet if recording is good.

Next step is clock vibration isolation.

Reactions: 2 users
@FSHZ42 yes. The rca coax and optical are digital spidif inputs allowing max of the spidif. Whereas the “HDMI” is full i2S signal allowing max possible. It is just using 3 or 4 of the hdmi wires to send i2s. With spidif I think you are limited to 24/192?? Or whatever spidif limit is whereas with i2S you get the full possible of the system. So in order of quality 1 i2S, 2 RCA, 3 optical. Optical is not bit perfect by design. Coax is. They all work and can be selected via MonitorPiPro.

See manual. Ian recommends hdmi 2.x. Keep short as possible. Try a couple for sound. I bought a little one and it didn’t sound as good. I used a fat TV 2 ft cable.

I used it to ship i2S via HDMIPro flagship from my streamer stack over to the DAC stack.

Last edited:

ucconditioner 3.3v.
raspberry pi 3b.
Ian canada isolator II.
FifoPiMA 1.5.

thanks.
You can use a ShielePi Pro or Pro MkII so that you will have an additional non-isolated GPIO.