Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter

Making them share the same supply you will make it onto one muddy area? I guess the division was created for a reason.
You seem not to consider that these boards can be used in various setups. In case FiFoPi is plugged into RPi then the dirty side is shared with RPi. But in my setup, it is connected to the clean side of the Isolator.

I guess there is a reason why Ian made MKII of FifoPi Q7 to also accept 3.3V.

@eduard I suggest you build something yourself, get more insight into how Ian's products are designed, and maybe cool down a little on commenting before you can contribute with your own experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
You seem not to consider that these boards can be used in various setups. In case FiFoPi is plugged into RPi then the dirty side is shared with RPi. But in my setup, it is connected to the clean side of the Isolator.
That's right, I do it this way but with a FifoPi Ma- isolator II, works well.

Attachments

• Scherm­afbeelding 2024-02-18 om 19.24.47.png
    Scherm­afbeelding 2024-02-18 om 19.24.47.png
    16.7 KB · Views: 40
Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2021
Paid Member

Attachments

• Image 2024-02-18 at 5.41 PM.jpeg
    Image 2024-02-18 at 5.41 PM.jpeg
    186.1 KB · Views: 70
  • Image 2024-02-18 at 5.40 PM.jpeg
    Image 2024-02-18 at 5.40 PM.jpeg
    199.6 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hello,
Once you start ordering again should we not add the product in the attachment? Or will it be similar to using both belt and suspenders?
When using Raspberry buried in your garden and connected to your sensitive gear using hdmi connection the master told us we can use the most basic power supply for the Raspberry.
Will this hidden stack be improved using this extra board?
Greetings,Eduard

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240219-014620_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240219-014620_Chrome.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 75
One additional question for everyone that tried this solution.

I am trying to power the FifoPI Q7 CLEAN side with Ian Canada modules. Which option is "better"?

1. LIFEPO4 MINI Battery Power Supply Module 3.3V + UCCONDITIONER MKII Ultra Capacitor Conditioner Board 3.3V
2. LinearPi MkII 3.3V + UCCONDITIONER MKII Ultra Capacitor Conditioner Board 3.3V

In both cases I would be using an additional transformer to power up the modules.

Thanks in advance

To mount the UCCONDITIONER MKII to LifePO4 Mini, where can I find the info about the minimum spacer lenght?
This is a bit tricky since there is no place on LifePo4 Mini to attach the rear spacers of UcConditioner. I just place there a small 5mm distance and lay the back of the UcConditioner board on the LifePo batteries.

For the spacer at the front, I use the 3cm length.

Attachments

• IMG_6947.jpeg
    IMG_6947.jpeg
    358 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_6950.jpeg
    IMG_6950.jpeg
    622.6 KB · Views: 59
I have now tried Tentlabs shunt reg on Ian es9038 dac, AVCC and DVCC, and it’s working perfect and a huge step up in sound image and tonal balance. I have tried linearpi and lifepo4 mini before, but shunt reg mounted direct on the dac is sublime.
@Lso What is the powersupply before Tenlabs? Are they all connected to the same powersupply or separate lines?

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hello LSO,
Happy to read that the Tent shunt does what i suspected it to do.
Guido Tent is Dutch like me so sometimes it would be easier to get some extra info to use it the best way possible. Of course it is kind of logic that for optimum results the shunt should be on the board. It shows one more time that a bigger supply at a considerable distance is not that good. And you can get rid of a low quality terminal and installing the Tent at that spot.
I am using the DDDAC but i will use the 5 volt Tent shunt for the dirty side of the fifopi. You will also safe some space doing so.
Greetings, Eduard