And what did we buy today?

Chris - the Keysight MSOX3104T sounds fantastic. A professional's tool on a professional's bench! Very, very nice.

Nezbleu - Always liked the Berlinas, though would eventually like to get a nice Super TI, the predecessor if you will. Glad your Dad was OK - these cars have great brakes - better than most back in the day.

TSmith1315 - drawing shows parts I'm buying (on topic) to go into driver's door of this car.

Attachments

• GTVDoorFeltsWinder.jpg
    GTVDoorFeltsWinder.jpg
    329.6 KB · Views: 133
  • 74AlfaRomeoGTV2000.jpg
    74AlfaRomeoGTV2000.jpg
    925.3 KB · Views: 132
I bought 10 bars of dark chocolate, 10 bars of dark chocolate for making drinking chocolate. This is not your regular Hershey’s sewage.
My brother hinted me about a VERY TAST chocolate sold in the NETTO-shops (Danish). This kind went VERY WELL with whiskey.
However our local NETTO is taken over by COOP (a cooperative company) and ... no chocolate.

Anyway, I bough a 10 kg pack of washing detergent and some AAA batteries.

My brother hinted me about a VERY TAST chocolate sold in the NETTO-shops (Danish). This kind went VERY WELL with whiskey.

I’m low on whiskey, how about this cognac I received recently ?

Attachments

• DF2EBA1F-2708-4C62-8D3A-F3B365D14EB4.jpg
    DF2EBA1F-2708-4C62-8D3A-F3B365D14EB4.jpg
    793.8 KB · Views: 124
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Nice Gareth!

Hi Greg,
Thank you for the kind words. Yes, it is a wonderful 'scope. Top of the line. Keysight just sent me the licenses today, so I'm really getting excited for this thing to show up.

I'll just make sure it works, then stick it in the rack mount and put it in place. I have a network jack with its name on it already! :)

-Chris

Edit: I almost forgot about your car. Yes. Really nice!

I like the reviews that say the swishing noise of the water is quite relaxing - we have an ancient Air rower in the house that belongs to my Dad who's in his late 70's he hardly ever uses it,

The air-rowers are on the upper level of our YMCA with the recumbent bicycles. In the latish afternoon the high school girls come to work out on them, attracting a bunch of boomers like me to pedal harder.

Joined 2011
Paid Member
I like the reviews that say the swishing noise of the water is quite relaxing - we have an ancient Air rower in the house that belongs to my Dad who's in his late 70's he hardly ever uses it, His old air rower is noisy, bulky and I hate the fact it blows air in your face. Until now no one has been able to persuade him to let us take it to the tip where it belongs. Its worth the money just to get the old one out of the workshop where everyone is tripping over it.

Water rower can be stored vertically on its end. I'll need to get a cover knocked up for it - NZ has very high levels of UV compared to other parts of the world. That shortens the lifetime of plastics and paints quite dramatically. Other than that it needs a water sterilisation tablet every six months - I can handle that for maintenance,

I never could quite figure out why an air rower blows on one's face. Surely it wouldn't be too great of an engineering challenge to create the more authentic experience of the wind blowing on one's back.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
....not that my friends 50's VW beetle was any better, hitting a bump could set the rear seat on fire if a heavy person was sitting on the right side. The battery was under the seat.
Our '59 beetle didn't have that problem much. The battery acid had eaten a hole in the floor so that the battery sat nice and low. :D
Though sometimes it would lean over and hit the seat frame causing the sparks to fly. Ahhhh.... good times.

Very nice Alfa. Jealous of all the summer car talk, this was only our 1st week of spring weather. I usually don't take out the Corvette until after street cleaning.

Wallet squeaked open today for a used Sony BDP-S480 to back up the BDP-S370 I already have as an "audio" transport. The Samsung I tried for this purpose just never worked out, could never change firmware even after trying a stack of different CD-R burn options.

Went to Home Depot for a few things. Was shocked to see the parking lot full and a line up to get in. I guess when everybody's home any nice day becomes fix-up day.

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
.., this was only our 1st week of spring weather. I usually don't take out the Corvette until after street cleaning. ....

The Miata driver asked if her '91 Miata still had dri-gas in it. Between ugly weather and semi-lockdown, we are thinking it may hibernate all through 2020. Oh, speed to the end of the street to celebrate 4th July and keep the fluids stirred, but the usual 1000mi/yr may be <100mi/yr this year. (She had a plan to sell stuff all over the region, but that plan is on hold.)

I started the 2002 Honda today and it burbled at first like the carb was dry. I may want to put that and the 1997 Honda on a schedule to run them even if there is nowhere to go.

The Miata driver asked if her '91 Miata still had dri-gas in it. Between ugly weather and semi-lockdown, we are thinking it may hibernate all through 2020. Oh, speed to the end of the street to celebrate 4th July and keep the fluids stirred, but the usual 1000mi/yr may be <100mi/yr this year. (She had a plan to sell stuff all over the region, but that plan is on hold.)

I started the 2002 Honda today and it burbled at first like the carb was dry. I may want to put that and the 1997 Honda on a schedule to run them even if there is nowhere to go.

I hear you, we've got 3 cars, 2 drivers, and my wife doesn't like to drive long distances. Plus, I think 2 of them need new batteries, and waiting in line at Costco once to buy and once for core and warranty is not going to happen until the lines get shorter. Maybe I can do a grocery pickup with the Corvette, at least the hatch is remote unlocking.

The Miata driver asked if her '91 Miata still had dri-gas in it. Between ugly weather and semi-lockdown, we are thinking it may hibernate all through 2020.

...the 2002 Honda ... the 1997 Honda

I hope you get to put some time on the Miata, it's too fun to be stabled all year.

And nice to see someone else who keeps cars with a little time behind them. My DD is from 1995.