And what did we buy today?

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
A 3" sander is for toenails. A deck finishes at 4" belt but you may want a 12" disk sander to start.

Bought this month, mostly this weekend:
Patreon for Broskie
boxes of chocolate doughnuts
Dairy Queen Blizzards
Noahlink Wireless
Eckstein Bros. EB-60A
18pcs Ear Plug with 6 tubes
Wrangler Long Sleeve Utility Shirt
Long Sleeve Denim Shirt
Champion Powerblend Fleece Pants
Champion Cotton Long-Sleeve Tee
Fubu Hydrogen Athletic Sneaker
The Death of Audiology, St. Clergy, Kevin
Speech and hearing in communication, Fletcher, Harvey
Resume Speed and Other Stories

(VISA card has been in limbo for weeks. Finally swore "FUGGET!!" and got an AMEX in 4 days with higher limit and better support.)

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Thanks Chris! :)

PRR I thought about the 4" sander, but the good thing about the 3" it is slightly narrower than a board width, so it is good for where there may be some uneveness in the board height.

It's doing just fine. Though there is some tannin staining. The deck when built was "finished" by the builder straight away with a water based oil. It should have been seasoned then cleaned, and oiled. I'm thinking about leaving it for a few months to weather, and then clean and fine sand before oiling.

Tony.

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Nice Magnus! I got a tamron 90mm macro last year and love it.

Today I bought three ignition coils for my peugeot (One died yesterday when I went to get the sander, I replaced it with the spare I always keep, and went to order a new one today, found them for $36 a piece on ebay, last one I bought I think I paid over $150, so I bought three.

I normally only replace them one at a time, but this time I will just replace the other three as well and keep the three currently working ones as emergency spares. I've never had more than one die at a time (touch wood). But once on goes they usually start to all fail over a year or two.

I used to write the date on them so I knew how long they had been in the car, but the paint pen I used must not have liked heat, and the markings had smudged.

Tony.

Attachments

• coil.jpg
    coil.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 123
Joined 2011
Paid Member
Wintermute, I agree about the Tamron 90mm. Great as a portrait lens on a full frame body too. Used to use it for weddings. Very handy to shoot some portraits and get close-ups of rings, hands, details, etc. without switching lenses.

My most recent purchase (yesterday) was two 4TB hard drives. The time has come to completely re-configure my home servers. These two will be set up in RAID 1 and be host to 3 or 4 virtual machines running various services.

Last edited:
About the only good things about COVID-19 is cheap fuel and people not tailgating me anymore, we'll see how long it lasts.

I remember when I went to the UK in the 90's, I could not stomach the draft beer, it tasted like a tin can, the bottle beer was sitting on the shelf, pi$$ warm beer yuck, so I asked for a vodka and orange instead. Well I got Smirnoff okay, but they gave me orange pop, I said WTF, I would like orange juice, well I you have to order fresh orange, okay, warm again, now I would like some ice, we do not have ice, another WTF, so you better make it a double then.
We bought some Hene's in London, we ran them in the sink under cold water for 15 minutes to make them drinkable. Tough times getting drunk in the UK :)
Has anything changed since then?

Last edited: