And what did we buy today?

A bunch of parts for a hot street motor for my Alfa Romeo GTV 2000. Pistons, rings, liners, lightweight starter, valves, oil pump, and more. Cams being made next, and head work being done by my good friend, a 3 time National Champion in his Lotus Elan, and very well-known race car engine builder and preparer. Should be good!

Did not expect a "look it up yourself" comeback for this type of thread...

Picked up yet another compact spare at Pick n Pull; this one's a real winner, only 3% difference in diameter from stock Vette front wheel. Goes in as soon as I figure out how to securely attach it in the hatch (not trivial).

Did not expect a "look it up yourself" comeback for this type of thread...

Picked up yet another compact spare at Pick n Pull; this one's a real winner, only 3% difference in diameter from stock Vette front wheel. Goes in as soon as I figure out how to securely attach it in the hatch (not trivial).

My car doesn't even have a spare. It came with run flats, and now it has non run flat 19's that you can still drive flat, and a CAA membership :)

My car doesn't even have a spare. It came with run flats, and now it has non run flat 19's that you can still drive flat, and a CAA membership :)

Same for my Vette, it was designed for run flats, but when I bought it the previous owner had just put on a set of regular tires. The base CAA membership only gets you a local tow. I carry 2 cans of fix a flat, but I am a belt and suspenders kind of guy.

Ah... I went for Premier. It's cheaper than run flats or that one tow you might need.

When I first got the car, I hit a crater on the 401 which bent the rim and caused a flat. I drove it like that at speed (centrifugal force somehow was keeping the tire up) and then when I got off the highway I slowed to about 60km/h. The rim was already bent, and the tire was already ruined so why the hell not? I will have the rim repaired eventually. I love those wheels :p

15 dollar receiver

Attachments

• 20200821_201739.jpg
    20200821_201739.jpg
    981.5 KB · Views: 84
Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
A hot air rework station. Not super cheap but not too expensive either ($139) The hakko's and wellers are over $1000 AU :eek: and a small syringe of 63/37 solder paste.

After some practice on an old motherboard I will takle the replacement of the dac chip on my 2i2. Will come in handy for an upcoming project that will be mostly smd as well.

Tony.