Alpha Nirvana 39w 8ohm Class A Amp

Do,

Is that 'touch' power button a capacitive switch perhaps? I just got four of them in the mail for my future projects, manufacturer is Schurter - CPS series. Expensive but cool.

Best,
Anand.
Hi Anand,

yes, it is a capacitive touch button. They came standard with the two chassis and controlled by the softstart. Should be nice!

thanks
Do

Finally all done!

Here's the final pictures

2021-12-17 22.22.59.jpg
2021-12-17 22.23.22.jpg

Thanks all for the nice comments!

On the inside I have cleaned up the cabling, redone the power harnesses for the amp modules using 12 gauge all black. As you saw, the power switch is working, it is a capacitive touch button and it is the first time I use one of these in my builds. It's quite fun to press... touch... :)
Also reworked the ground wiring and added the thermostat cutoff on both heatsinks.

Now to music listening time! I'll have plenty of time next week since I'm starting my holidays vacation for two weeks. Musical impressions will follow.

All the best!
Do

I was having some thoughts about wire inductance, thinking what wire would be best for the snubber boards: Google did not really give me much..
Should I use as thick as possible, as many strands as possible..? Maybe the wires used is of no importance?
I know minimizing loop area with twisting is good, and short wires must be better than long ones.