allFET circlotron

I have now redone the stuff, pcb is even some smaller, the nieuw zipfile is included with gerber.

remove first the .EPS and .TXT file from zip before upload to manufacturer.

the ESP is postscript of schematic can be read with ghostscript.

These files can be read by the seed viewer you mention with all active.

Prasi

I did find a way to find airwires more easely, get it from the internet and I did find it right away while first it was not visible.

1. Set the Catch factor in Options/Set/Misc to 0
2. Use ROUTE and click into the drawing

The airwire jumps onto the mouse cursor.

As say earlyer, eagle is quite a strange software.

regards

Attachments

• plot output.zip
    154.1 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I have now redone the stuff, pcb is even some smaller, the nieuw zipfile is included with gerber.

remove first the .EPS and .TXT file from zip before upload to manufacturer.

the ESP is postscript of schematic can be read with ghostscript.

These files can be read by the seed viewer you mention with all active.

Prasi

I did find a way to find airwires more easely, get it from the internet and I did find it right away while first it was not visible.

1. Set the Catch factor in Options/Set/Misc to 0
2. Use ROUTE and click into the drawing

The airwire jumps onto the mouse cursor.

As say earlyer, eagle is quite a strange software.

regards

Hi Kees,
That worked. :)
Thanks,
X

Have received the urfp 250 type mosfets.

These look very real, and fast shipped.

regards

Attachments

• DSC_0148.jpg
    DSC_0148.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 251
Hallo kees and X.

I have bought a couple of 25 x IRFP250Mfrom Mouser.
That is a IR 5. Generation- the newest! part with a bit lower Cob- and i like it, all build
in now- ACA, Aleph J, Circlophone.....
I was follow this project in backround- X informed me about your nice project and also
i was looking to your little Visaton Trynergie Horn- looks cool.

Cheers Bangla.

Ah Nice, what was the problem with it? quasy amps are sometimes difficult because it is a complete other aproach, a old one, getting good fase shifts is a problem sometimes, need two identical drive signals, differiential is better.

I has done some study about horns, this because I see that the tractrix do beam very much making the sound bad in the other corner, I did read the book advised and it is quite a problem with horns to get wide, but conical and special the synergy or unity do better here, but also the constant directional horns, who is maybe a nice project with woofers on it however I think hornresp do not sim them, and also these need a special filter to keep up the highs, A compression plug do more eveil then good, it compress the room for the cone who do then distort when not stiff and light enough, thought you now that cone breakup?.

Hmm this is why ypu need small boards?because of the nice heatsinks from old pentium pc,s:D

regards

Last edited:
Everything went oke now X because offset is a nasty thing to get stable, I hope the circlotron will do well here, coupling the J fets and its casaded fets maybe will help, otherwise we need a correction and put a servo in it.

I have download the free Kicad, it is grown nicely to a professional program.

regards

kees

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_ Aug. 07 20.33.jpg
    ScreenHunter_ Aug. 07 20.33.jpg
    499 KB · Views: 158
  • ScreenHunter_ Aug. 07 20.35.jpg
    ScreenHunter_ Aug. 07 20.35.jpg
    459.1 KB · Views: 155
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Does anyone have a favorite way to get 35v rails derived from 50v rails? Maybe use TL431 programmable shunt regulator. It defaults to 35v without any external resistors. The use this to drive a shunt transistor like BD139/140 for +/-35 up to 1amp. This amp had a dual supply requirement. I could just get a very small 50VA 25vac transformer and make a separate 35v supply.

Joined 2014
Paid Member
Does anyone have a favorite way to get 35v rails derived from 50v rails? Maybe use TL431 programmable shunt regulator. It defaults to 35v without any external resistors. The use this to drive a shunt transistor like BD139/140 for +/-35 up to 1amp. This amp had a dual supply requirement. I could just get a very small 50VA 25vac transformer and make a separate 35v supply.

XL7015 DC-DC buck converter
it's good for higher input voltages - I use to get 12V from 75V:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HXRE62K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It is possible to use 50 volts, I can resim it with that voltage, I have send you the mosfets who can stand that voltage.

regards