Aleph J build guide for noobs

Hi Zen mod
by the time that this was made public by the moderator ( Newish member) I had reheated my sodder joints On my power supply which fixed my issue I'm still not a 100% sure it wasn't an issue caused by the fact that I was looking at them and direct daylight. I now have everything together. Everything seems to be biasing properly however I ran it on speakers for the 1st time And I am getting a channel imbalance with a hum on the stronger channel. I am thinking possibly a grounding issue?

That's interesting. I don't recall any specific application of the LD / LU1014 to the J, but there are so many threads it is easy to lose track of these things.
My guess would be to keep the Aleph current sources as they are and apply the LD1014 to the lower power outputs in a cascode with the usual IRFP240.

Hello -- First of thanks to all of you who contribute to this forum. I spend an awful lot of time here and truly enjoy it. I've read the Aleph Illustrated Build Guide (that took a while) and then this guide. After building an ACA, ACP+ and a Korg Nutube -- I'm preparing to build my dream Aleph J. I'm now trying to finalize my parts order. I had already ordered the boards, MOSFETs and JFETs, Universal power supply PCB and an AnTek AS-3218 -- 300VA 18V -- but since I've read about the dual power supplies I've decided to order the large chassis and go for that. But I have two questions:

1. Will I be OK ordering another AS-3218 transformer for the pair?
2. The capacitors for the power supply listed in the BOM are not in stock at Mouser or DigiKey and I did read where some folks were opting for larger or different caps than the 22000µF -- any suggests on what to order? Some of them can get pretty pricey.

This is a tombstone build for me -- I'd like to make it special.
Thanks again,
David

Last edited: