Aleph J build guide for noobs

Yellow & green wires go to the Euro blocks at the front of the PS.

In is red & black

Out green & red.

Still when I attach a ground to the pcb from the PS forward LED dims.

Attachments

• 2020-12-07 03.33.27.jpg
    2020-12-07 03.33.27.jpg
    829 KB · Views: 159
  • 2020-12-07 03.35.00.jpg
    2020-12-07 03.35.00.jpg
    820.1 KB · Views: 167
Joined 2019
Paid Member
We need a tighter shot, but just looking at the picture on the right that includes the full PSU with the output wiring, I cannot clearly see that you have BOTH V+ and V- running to each board along with GND. You're using the same coloring of wires, so it gets a bit jumbled. I don't think I see enough connections to your euroblocks.

Confirm that you have it wired precisely like below or correct it to be exactly like below.

The side of the PSU closest to the heatsink in the picture on the right. That should be the V- side of the board. Take:

One wire from V- on PSU board to left channel amp board V-
One wire from V- on PSU board to right channel amp board V-
One wire from GND on PSU to left channel amp board GND - hook it back up. It looks cut.
One wire from GND on PSU to right channel amp board GND.

Then on the other side of the PSU board, that is your V+ side. Take:

One wire from V+ on PSU board to left channel amp board V+
One wire from V+ on PSU board to right channel amp board V+

It is NOT one side of the PSU to power one channel, and one side to power the other channel. Which, I think is what I see, but I just can't be sure with your picture and the jumbles of wire.

Edited to add - Before doing above, CONFIRM that the PSU sides match my description by using your DMM to measure the rails per previous instructions and/or read the tiny print with V--- and V+++ next to the Euroblocks.

Edited to fix a copy paste error on V+ side. Sorry. V+ obviously goes to V+. :)

Last edited: