• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Accusilicon AS318 Ultra Low Jitter Clock GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to human ear testing, AS318-B is even better than cchd 957.
Supersurfer once compared crystek cchd 957, accusilicon as318-b and Andrea Mori, he found that accusilicon as318-b was second best.

The Well Tempered Master Clock - Building a low phase noise/jitter crystal oscillator

But AS318-B is much cheaper than cchd 957 or Andrea Mori. For DIYer, price and performance are always the most critical.

If your stuff is really so good, why hasn't your product been sold all over the world and completely knocked down Accusilicon AS318B? Why is the sales volume of Accusilicon AS318B so large? The point is the price you mentioned!

For the oscillator under $20, Accusilicon AS318B is the "extremely low phase noise crystal oscillator". This is a terrible thing, because in many mass-produced audio equipment, even if the equipment is priced at 3,000 US dollars, only the oscillator under 10 US dollars will be used. This is why the sales volume of Accusilicon AS318-B is huge, but yours is not.

If AS318-B is not in competition with your clock, why is it always being compared? And you always like to hit AS318-B? The most interesting thing is that the price difference is so huge that you are embarrassed to compare? If the quantity is large enough , AS318-B price will be further reduced to 10 dollars, which will cause a fatal blow to you. But I don't want to sacrifice my interests, just to hurt your business. Maybe at some time, I will push it down to 10 dollars in a certain period of time. Stay tuned.

I suggest that you do not attack others by doing business, because I can easily make your business worse through price. Consumers have little loyalty.

You are extremely confused, I care less than zero about business and sales volume.

I have no audio business, I work as an IT consultant and diy audio is an hobby for me and my co-developer.
So you cannot worse my business since there is no business, business it's your problem not mine.
We build audio devices for ourselves and we are happy to share our designs with the audio community.

That said, when you claim that the Accusilicon is "extremely low phase noise crystal oscillator" you demonstrate you don't know anything about oscillators, since from its datasheet is clear it's a "extremely high phase noise crystal oscillator".

You are selling oscillators as a professional and you are not able to compare their measurements.
You should learn before claiming.

Dear Yunyun,

AS318-B is with the 2520 smd chip hidden inside????

See photo, courtesy of IVX, from post #55

From that photo, AS318-B large can is a repackaged version of an SMD 2520 sized oscillator.
For this reason I do not understand, and tried to be ironic, why a producer like Topping, SMSL, etc are going to the lengths of buying a repackaged, bulky version of a small, cheaper, and much less space consuming small oscillator?
For marketing purposes that is quite clear, otherwise totally senseless?
Another point: You are selling 45/49MHz clocks. Andrea, as he had repeatedly clarified, is not equipped (yet) to measure those frequencies.
I can.

Ciao, George

Attachments

• 2021-06-08_19-39-38 (2).jpg
    2021-06-08_19-39-38 (2).jpg
    88 KB · Views: 518
Last edited:
OMG, don’t you know that a lot of components are needed around the clock to achieve the best condition? What do you want to say? Another explanation is that AS318-B can be sold cheaper, but the original factory does not retail AS318-B 2520, what can you do?

If you don’t like to buy AS318-B, just buy a much more expensive CCHD957 or other clock. If you don’t like to buy AS318-B with me, then go to a seller who sells 45 Euros to buy it.

Last edited:
You are extremely confused, I care less than zero about business and sales volume.

I have no audio business, I work as an IT consultant and diy audio is an hobby for me and my co-developer.
So you cannot worse my business since there is no business, business it's your problem not mine.
We build audio devices for ourselves and we are happy to share our designs with the audio community.

That said, when you claim that the Accusilicon is "extremely low phase noise crystal oscillator" you demonstrate you don't know anything about oscillators, since from its datasheet is clear it's a "extremely high phase noise crystal oscillator".

You are selling oscillators as a professional and you are not able to compare their measurements.
You should learn before claiming.

You are not answering the question, just to explain why you don’t have audio business. :p

You are not answering the question, just to explain why you don’t have audio business. :p

That's the reason why I have no interest to measure such poor oscillators.
Moreover the phase noise plots have been published in the datasheet of the Accusilicon XO, so it will be wast of time.

But if you are so interested you can buy the right tool and make the measurements by yourself.
The only problem I see is your very limited skills.

That's the reason why I have no interest to measure such poor oscillators.
Moreover the phase noise plots have been published in the datasheet of the Accusilicon XO, so it will be wast of time.

But if you are so interested you can buy the right tool and make the measurements by yourself.
The only problem I see is your very limited skills.

Price is the key factor. But it’s not surprising that you admit that you are not a business person. No wonder you don’t understand. No matter how you attack AS318-B, it is still the best selling clock.

So? Because you can’t buy a pulsar clock or DNK duculon, you have to spend far more money than AS318-B, and the result is only slightly better than AS318.

You definitely don't own a pulsar clock or DNK duculon, so you can brag that your DIY clock surpasses the pulsar clock or DNK duculon, because you don't have the technology to a higher level. So you always brag that your DIY clock is perfect, but it's just because you don't have the technology to improve it and don't know how to improve it.

Otherwise, you can run an audio business today. For example, MSB dared to sell clocks at outrageous prices, but in fact the manufacturing cost is not much higher. In other words, if you have some real skills, sell your DIY clock to major audio manufacturers and see who will place a big order with you? Since you claim that your DIY clock surpasses the pulsar clock or DNK duculon.

if you have some real skills, sell your DIY clock to major audio manufacturers and see who will place a big order with you? Since you claim that your DIY clock surpasses the pulsar clock or DNK duculon.

Show your big order, otherwise continue to show yourself on the Internet ONLY.

Dear Yunyun,

See photo, courtesy of IVX, from post #55

From that photo, AS318-B large can is a repackaged version of an SMD 2520 sized oscillator.
For this reason I do not understand, and tried to be ironic, why a producer like Topping, SMSL, etc are going to the lengths of buying a repackaged, bulky version of a small, cheaper, and much less space consuming small oscillator?
For marketing purposes that is quite clear, otherwise totally senseless?
Another point: You are selling 45/49MHz clocks. Andrea, as he had repeatedly clarified, is not equipped (yet) to measure those frequencies.
I can.

Ciao, George

Thank you for providing the photo. This photo can prove that I mentioned that it is impossible to buy the real AS318 2520 package on the market. Because of the original factory believes that AS318-B needs a proper metal shell and matching components to achieve the best performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.