AB100 Class AB Power Amplifier

Almost finished, I decided to replace the MJE transistors with the KSA/KSC trannies, it sounds much much better, midrange and highs are great !

Attachments

• IMG_20200920_094143.jpg
    IMG_20200920_094143.jpg
    902.2 KB · Views: 711
Could this Class A/B design be tweaked to an amp working as a power plant or mains AC regenerator to regenerate 230 VAC?
The rails should be about -+200 VDC I guess and output transistors should be able to handle that voltage. Input should be a fairly clean 50 Hz sinus (maybe digital generated). Then my clipped sine in my mains could be changed to a nice clean sinus with very low impedance I guess?

the mains has 230V RMS, so DC power supply will need + - 350-360V (taking into account the degree of loss and mains fluctuations)...this circuit does not meet such requirements - everything must be changed there - such an amplifier needs 1000V transistors and resistors and everything else

Last edited:
Yes, you are right +-350 VDC in rails.
I guess such transistors exist as it seems such re-generators are "just" class A/B amplifiers feed with a fairly clean sine input. Then output has to be DC-free and there should probably also be some regulation of the output voltage so it stayed steady at about 230 VAC.

Hi Guys,

First of all thanks to NP and Prasi for the design and PCB

I am planning on putting this together, but just had some quick questions. What should the values of L1 and R37 be?

Also at the position C7 should there be a film cap and the electrolytic over it? Also any ideas for good values of the fuses F1 &F2?

Have a transformer with 36V secondaries should five ~50VDC right? Or should go with a lower rail voltage? maybe 24V secondaries?

Thanks for the help