900W Class H Power Amplifier

Hi! My design was made with strong compilances of power transistors SOA, unlike many other schemes, so I can't give guarantees reliable operation of the parts in conditions that are not specified in their technical parameters. So when you see a similar scheme, where the author claims performance for such a small load, please be friendly wish is reacted with scepticism. Components may not work for a long time in outrageous behavior, and it's not even in the circuitry. Protection system also designed to work with 4 Ohm load.
New version of scheme & PCB (minor corrections) is attached.

Attachments

• amp 11.12.2014.zip
    158.6 KB · Views: 620
Last edited:
Gif - ok?

Attachments

• 2kW power Amplifier.GIF
    2kW power Amplifier.GIF
    95.4 KB · Views: 968
Sajti, hi!
It's evolution only :) but some ideas are released, as soon as choose a power rating and limiter attack\release time.
I sent these drawings Uli Behringer. The probability of response is quite small, I understand..If these schemes 20 years ago have been implemented.. I was too late.

Last edited:
Sajti, hi!
It's evolution only :) but some ideas are released, as soon as choose a power rating and limiter attack\release time.
I sent these drawings Uli Behringer. The probability of response is quite small, I understand..If these schemes 20 years ago have been implemented.. I was too late.

Yeah, thats are nice features. Maybe You cna change the fast/slow switch with potentiometer to give the possibility of continous settings, to be able to adopt to different music types.
Anyway I don't like the limiters, and I not use them if possible.
The step drivers looks nice. I'm thinking to use 3 step solution, but using 0V as first step, which means less complicated power supply.

Sajti

I understood you. In practice, amplifiers such capacity is used or broadband speakers or subwoofers. Moreover, for the first speed limiter desirable quickly, but for subwoofers, you can make speed less, because they are better hold peak overload. Tweeters be connected to such amplifiers hardly anyone will. For the same reason stepless speed will actually be unclaimed.
Anyway I don't like the limiters, and I not use them if possible.
Without them it is difficult to do, if the goal is a reliable operation of the system as a whole.

I understood you. In practice, amplifiers such capacity is used or broadband speakers or subwoofers. Moreover, for the first speed limiter desirable quickly, but for subwoofers, you can make speed less, because they are better hold peak overload. Tweeters be connected to such amplifiers hardly anyone will. For the same reason stepless speed will actually be unclaimed.
Understand Your idea, and the switch is more user friendly.

Without them it is difficult to do, if the goal is a reliable operation of the system as a whole.
It's depending by the application. If the engineer working carefully than it's not really need. But for DJ application it's necessary....

Are You working to build this version too?

Sajti