100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

Apex PSU 24V Preamp

Attachments

• Apex PSU 24V Preamp.jpg
    Apex PSU 24V Preamp.jpg
    477.2 KB · Views: 1,329
Apex P30 reborn

Apex PSU 24V Preamp

hello that layout is been tested and works well? I'm close to completed my Apex P30 preamp, if possible can you share the gerber files? oh yes I forgot, if some one knows where is the post with the files can some one just replay back here? so I can search for it?

ok I need I suggestion from you guys should I rotated this transistors so they can then share body temperature example Q18 and Q19 facing each other and Q21 and Q22 also facing each other like this small picture example

see generated schematic from simulation

Best Regards

Juan

Attachments

• Apex P30 preamp Juan.jpg
    Apex P30 preamp Juan.jpg
    975.3 KB · Views: 1,256
  • APEX P30 preamp.pdf
    429.7 KB · Views: 292
  • thermally united.JPG
    thermally united.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 1,205
  • example.JPG
    example.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 1,173
Last edited:
Joined 2013
Paid Member
Looking for some opinions --- I have already built the FH11 (2-pair Mosfet) and I have been running them on +/-65Vdc rails making 180W/300W at 8r/4r, respectively.

Planning to build a 5-channel Home-Theater amp and have been trying to decide. So help me decide what you would build and why:

#1 - re-use the FH11 and build additional channels (but can it handle HT use?
#2 - build 5 channels of the APEX A40? (a lot of transistors, is it worth it?)
#3 - open to suggestions (possibly the Honey Badger, DIYA PCBs?) Was thinking maybe the SR200, but couldn't find gerbers for that board. Other suggested amplifiers, preferably with gerbers for ease of ordering.

Note - I have a 1200W toroidal, with both 40/0/40 & 46/0/46 VAC secondaries to use. I plan to stack the channels, so I need an amplifier that can use caps with <18mm height, so they don't touch the next heatsink.

Apex P30 Reborn preamp new PCB design

hello guys I'm coming back with the design is much better than the last time I will give a careful look one more time is done but I want to be sure before I order a sample for prototype

questions, can I add LED's to the board to indicate power on? or is not convenience because can cause distortion to the preamp? by the way olafk made this nice 24V power supply will it work fine with the preamp Apex P30? and lastly how many VA volt amps I need for the transformer?

Attachments

• Apex_2x24V_02.jpg
    Apex_2x24V_02.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 1,066
  • Apex P30 preamp Juan reborn.jpg
    Apex P30 preamp Juan reborn.jpg
    363.9 KB · Views: 1,057
A variant of my quick wiring of the apex a-40 boards. If people like it (need it) - Gerber in the application.

Attachments

• Gerber_PCB_2020-01-22 12_30_19_20200125222540.zip
    176.5 KB · Views: 221
  • Schematic_apex a40_Sheet_1_20200124100432.pdf
    164.8 KB · Views: 334
  • apex_a40_top3D.png
    apex_a40_top3D.png
    154.8 KB · Views: 393
  • apex_a40_bot3D.png
    apex_a40_bot3D.png
    147.8 KB · Views: 432
  • apex_a40_top.png
    apex_a40_top.png
    223.1 KB · Views: 931
  • apex_a40_bot.png
    apex_a40_bot.png
    184 KB · Views: 961
  • apex_a40_all.png
    apex_a40_all.png
    308.2 KB · Views: 948
hey guys I'm gonna leave here the class A PSU can you guys take a look to see if I got it right?

sorry I forgot to mention for Sprint Layout 6 users this is not been build yet from this layout yet

not tested yet in real time till is 100% sure

Attachments

• Apex A class PSU.zip
    310.8 KB · Views: 248
  • Apex A class PSU.JPG
    Apex A class PSU.JPG
    604.4 KB · Views: 546
Last edited:
hey Karmento 46 not to complain here but keep in mind that Alex MM is the one who make this layout at least change the name to his name if I order I will leave his name on the PCB that is fair he done so much for us that he deserve respect you know keep his name on the design I use to do that a long time ago and I learn not to do that, and give credit to him he deserved :)

Attachments

• Alex MM.JPG
    Alex MM.JPG
    221.1 KB · Views: 459
Last edited:
hey Karmento 46 not to complain here but keep in mind that Alex MM is the one who make this layout at least change the name to his name if I order I will leave his name on the PCB that is fair he done so much for us that he deserve respect you know keep his name on the design I use to do that a long time ago and I learn not to do that, and give credit to him he deserved :)

First of all, I would like to thank Slavkovic whose scheme, and Alex, it doesn't matter that I put my name on, I put it for a reason because I was drawing this dog because I couldn't get the files
and my plate is double sided so isn't it diy Thanks!

excellent look great nice build, sir question did you found with no problems the semiconductors BF245? they are 4 on the PCB does the regulator perform really well the adjustment work ok I'm asking because I haven't see not many pictures of the build PCB by the way I have the new Apex P30 layout if I tested and work correctly I will share gerber and Sprint Layout 6 files here but I need to be sure is correct before I order a few sample PCB to tested :)

Best Regards
Juan

Attachments

• Apex P30 preamp Juan reborn.jpg
    Apex P30 preamp Juan reborn.jpg
    350.4 KB · Views: 365
Last edited: