100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

excellent look great nice build, sir question did you found with no problems the semiconductors BF245? they are 4 on the PCB does the regulator perform really well the adjustment work ok I'm asking because I haven't see not many pictures of the build PCB by the way I have the new Apex P30 layout if I tested and work correctly I will share gerber and Sprint Layout 6 files here but I need to be sure is correct before I order a few sample PCB to tested :)

Best Regards
Juan

YES I found the BF245 without a problem, and why not do the APEX P30ZF

YES I found the BF245 without a problem, and why not do the APEX P30ZF

there is a Apex P30ZF? nice, oh let me explain why I want to build the Apex P30 I'm a PC user so the output audio of the PC doesn't exited for the amplifier enough so that is why I need it but if Apex P30ZF is ready why not right? thank you for share the files I'm gonna adjusted a bit I'm on that right now have a great day sir and hi from Puerto Rico :)

Best Regards
Juan

AA9MD

Attachments

• aa9md.jpg
    aa9md.jpg
    573.4 KB · Views: 983
This post has 12,000 replies which is great, but sadly would take a lifetime to read it all. Therefore, this question might have already been answered. In the interest of learning new things:

What exactly makes this amplifier the ultimate fidelity amplifier?
My observations based on the circuit in post #1:
- The input stage is un-degenerated. So, while great for noise, it will distort quite a bit.
- The second stage recycles the base current of Q8, but the distortion mechanism is really due to the base current of Q6 as consequence of its emitter/collector current being modulated by the base current of Q8.
- The output stage looks quite vanilla, i.e. no better than other amplifiers.

I noticed the compensation is non-Miller, but I cannot comment on what this will do to distortion without playing a bit with the amp.

Any insights would be appreciated since I am quite puzzled about what is special here.
Thanks!
- Sandro

there is no joint point of view.
by reading this thread for years and drawing (quite) a few of PCB's by schematic and than building them... I have learned quite a bit of... everything,in theory and in practice(input output variations).... a lot of people have a lot of individual experience so they have a lot to say about it,and there is no just one truth...it is not the same for everyone. some liked the sound of simple amplifier as it is AX11,other preferred A40. many differences in basics but they are all by the meaning of users-the one:ultimate fidelity. some say "make it simple",other say "no pain no gain"... and it is all individual. I have built AX11 and A40... and I prefer both. so...the question is still open. try some.

hello guys I kept on re-drawing the A class PSU that Mr. Mile made and I just add a few modern options I would like to know if the BF245A can be replace by other ones or equivalents here are some images and original layout :)

Attachments

• A class PSU 1.JPG
    A class PSU 1.JPG
    798.8 KB · Views: 841
  • A class PSU 2.JPG
    A class PSU 2.JPG
    745.2 KB · Views: 787
  • A class PSU 3.JPG
    A class PSU 3.JPG
    604.1 KB · Views: 744
  • APEX Shunt Regulator.jpg
    APEX Shunt Regulator.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 748
hello guys I kept on re-drawing the A class PSU that Mr. Mile made and I just add a few modern options I would like to know if the BF245A can be replace by other ones or equivalents here are some images and original layout :)

Hi Juan,

I built it with 2SK246 and it works fine but they have a different pinout.

Attachments

• Apex A class all.jpg
    Apex A class all.jpg
    495.9 KB · Views: 378
A Class PSU prototype PCB ordered

hey guys I check the layout for a few hours and is completed I order just a few to test if all goes well and some one is interesting on the gerbers let me know I don't mind to share at all :)

I ask the question about the LED and no one replay :p is fine I hope all goes smoothly

Attachments

• A class PSU.JPG
    A class PSU.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 723
  • Screenshot_(1).png
    Screenshot_(1).png
    547 KB · Views: 714
  • Screenshot_(2).png
    Screenshot_(2).png
    391.3 KB · Views: 691
Last edited: