100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

Hello Chatchai,
Please find attached herewith the stuffing guide and sch. It only contains ground lift components (10R+ anti parallel diodes as an option) as additional. These can be also left out and i/p ground can be connected to PSU ground as per original APEX advice.
Also it is with 2 pairs of o/p devices.
Otherwise the schematic follows the original AX-14. I am collecting the parts to build it.

regards
Prasi

I missed this post a few days ago..

I've been getting the finals parts ready for this build and noticed that Q9 on Prasi's schematic should be MJE350 (PNP) not MJE340 as marked.

attachment.php

I'm going to use MJE15034/35 as alternates to the seemingly unobtainium 2SC4793 and 2SA1837 complementary.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 2,060
Last edited:
Fantastic, thank you. Are gerber files available please? :)

here you go. As per APEX posts I think about 10V differential between input and output voltage would be better.

It can be manufactured double sided or etched single sided and use jumpers as marked.

regards
Prasi

Attachments

• gerbers-Apex Dual Rail-Reg PSU-two pair -inlineREV3_2018-08-28.zip
    673.8 KB · Views: 304
Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, actually a proper footprint was not available for that transistor so i put that there deliberately, in actual PCB i have fitted the proper one.
Thanks for your concern.
Warm regards.
Anoop.

mistake with orientation of input coupling cap... even bigger one with NFB cap orientation.

Also while asking for debugging, best to upload some close up pics ..

Hello mprivitera1,
Yes, you may use BC547B/BC557B.
Also there was no requirement of Jumpers as you have the manufactured double sided PCBs. The jumpers were provided for single sided home etching, though it doesnt hurt.

regards
Prasi
P.S. the power resistors are meant to be something like this, though whatever suits one/ available in parts bin is ok to use... 5pcs 5W 0.1 0.15 0.22 0.25 0.33 0.5 ohm Non inductive Cement Resistor 5% 0.1R 0.15R 0.22R 0.25R 0.33R 0.5R-in Resistors from Electronic Components & Supplies on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

P.S. 2: Mount Q10 on one of the output transistors

P.S. 3: Q1 Q2 can be thermally coupled for better offset behavior.

Last edited: