100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

Hi Mile,

I did a new layout based on the one that Alex did but I changed the Jfets to 2SK246 so I changed the pinout to match those. I also fixed the pinout on the TO-220 transistors. I built it but it doesn't work so I figure that I have something wrong in the layout. The output is just full voltage and won't adjust. I have been over and over the layout and I just can't find the issue. I'm hoping you or one of the other guys who is good at layout will be able to help me find it.

Thanks, Terry

Attachments

• Apex A class all.jpg
    Apex A class all.jpg
    472.8 KB · Views: 1,052
Hi Mile,

I did a new layout based on the one that Alex did but I changed the Jfets to 2SK246 so I changed the pinout to match those. I also fixed the pinout on the TO-220 transistors. I built it but it doesn't work so I figure that I have something wrong in the layout. The output is just full voltage and won't adjust. I have been over and over the layout and I just can't find the issue. I'm hoping you or one of the other guys who is good at layout will be able to help me find it.

Thanks, Terry

Set 5k pots to 0R and measure voltages on 15k resistors...

Hi Mile,

Thanks, Terry

Terry, double check the connecting tracks of minus rail starting at the output BD241/242 emitter to emitter connection. Compared with the schematic I think the track should be connected on the other leg of 1uf...not on the 15k node.

Last edited:
Terry, double check the connecting tracks of minus rail starting at the output BD241/242 emitter to emitter connection. Compared with the schematic I think the track should be connected on the other leg of 1uf...not on the 15k node.

Good catch! I had hoped a fresh set of eyes would see something I was missing. Hopefully that will fix it. I'll report back.

Blessings, Terry