100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

Hi

Here you have a very good volumen control, and preamplifi.

Previo inversor - PCPfiles en www.pcpaudio.com

But I prefer to use one with balance. The double pots doesn't work the two channel
equals. And don`t like to invert the signal.

I try this in my last amp:

Attachments

• Dibujo1.JPG
    Dibujo1.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 1,016
My ears are fine.

It's not you. You know, there are people who would like to ask for "evidence" anytime you claim to hear difference, as if it is hard for them to accept that everyone has different hearing skill.

If you can hear the PSU you either have a poorly designed amp are a really bad PSU.

Sure (it's subjective). All amps are poorly designed (i.e. no perfect PSRR) and PSUs are not equal. You should ask Apex or hear his comment regarding audible quality of his shunt regulators. The 78xx/78xx are really bad sounding, but you can still see them used in high quality amplifiers (that's because many can't hear the difference).

For those who like to compare sounds, actually I'm interested to hear the difference between Apex's LinerPre with the Tidu. Apex' only have one gain stage (Baxandall), and only one buffer. This might be beneficial in term of sound quality.

The original Preamp PSU Il built as the P05C. It works fine. I recently built the Doug Self Preamp and it was suggested that we use a PSU based on the LM7815/7915 so I made one based on the P05 filters but with the back end circuit based on those regulators. That works fine as well. The PSU furnished with the Self preamp boards also uses the 7815/7915. I am currently trying to get the shunt PSU working but I don't have the transistors in the schematic. I tried substituting KSC1845/A992 for BC639/640 and MJE15030/31 for the BD241/2 but it doesn't work. I may have to order some parts.

Hi
What would be the maximum voltage these PS can be used. For example can I used it 36-0-36V , Also I have another pre amp (UGS) which need 24-0-24V can these PS used with out a big modification...:D

Thank you
Greetings gabor

+/-24V can be set without changes, for +/-36V resistor 22k can be change and with 22R resistor output current can be set.
Regards

hi hello mr. apex is it possible this AX11 amp power BJT to modified it to mosfet version? i mean if we substitute that BD249C AND BD250C INTO MOSFET WAHT WOULD BE THE MODIFICATION INTO THIS CIRCUIT? i like much of your design you have a great idea in electronics i appreciate all your effort

hi hello mr. apex is it possible this AX11 amp power BJT to modified it to mosfet version? i mean if we substitute that BD249C AND BD250C INTO MOSFET WAHT WOULD BE THE MODIFICATION INTO THIS CIRCUIT? i like much of your design you have a great idea in electronics i appreciate all your effort

There is FX8

Attachments

• Apex_FX8.jpg
    Apex_FX8.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 985