100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

Yes, there is no gain on tidu034 circuit, with gain this will be preamp.
Regards

Is the tidu034 an APEX design? For some reason I thought it was just posted as an example.

Anyway, I built the Inverting and Non-inverting models of the LinearPre based on my layouts. Both are working fine even though I used the 10k log pots. Is there a reason why using a linear pot works better in thiss design?

Thanks, Terry

Attachments

• LinearPre inverting.jpg
    LinearPre inverting.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 1,091
  • LinearPre non-inverting.jpg
    LinearPre non-inverting.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 1,049
  • LinearPre top side.jpg
    LinearPre top side.jpg
    366.5 KB · Views: 1,035
  • LinearPre solder side.jpg
    LinearPre solder side.jpg
    394.1 KB · Views: 949
Is the tidu034 an APEX design? For some reason I thought it was just posted as an example.

Anyway, I built the Inverting and Non-inverting models of the LinearPre based on my layouts. Both are working fine even though I used the 10k log pots. Is there a reason why using a linear pot works better in thiss design?

Thanks, Terry

Nice work.
This circuit allows a standard-tolerance pot to be used with excellent results, and a dual linear pot can give good matching between channels of a stereo system.
Regards

Thanks, Terry
nicely done Terry. "Thimios" style soldering:). which PSU r u using to power-up the circuit? also is the same PSU used to supply both power amp and pre-amp (like apex PSU 10 with seperate 12V o/p and power amp o/p).
reg
prasi

Hi, Why do you say that software is not good? doesnt it make sch and layout compatible? I know it doesnt look good but, I am pretty happy with it (in other words, dont have the patience to learn new software):D.

you can learn sprint layout in less than one hour.you will forget everything when you make pcb in sprint . i like your habit to make pcb but i want you make awesome pcb from india .

I have built the ESP P05C Power Supply for Preamps which is similar to the Music Fidelity one linked above.I couldn't see any difference from the one I'm using now. I'll try to take a closer look.

Notice D5 and D6 in that circuit. Those are the protection diodes I was talking about. If you connect your supply to a powered device (like charged caps), that voltage will dump backwards through your regulators into your supply. These diodes protect the regulators from this.

If you want a really quiet supply, check out Ostripper's Jung regulator design.

I can add those diodes very easily. I will also add them to my Sprint layout. I also have a Sprint layout for the P05. I have been waiting on some caps to arrive so I can build more of those. I have 6 different preamps built recently that all need power supplies. It will be interesting to see if there is any noticeable difference between them,