100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

Terry your pcb is not perfect but preamp will work fine with this layout.
Regards

Hi Mile,

Thanks, I may give it a try. Not a lot of parts to invest.

In the mean time I worked on a layout for the non inverting one. I tried to follow the suggestions from the guys. More smd parts on this one.

Blessings, Terry

Attachments

• APEX LinearPre non-inverting.JPG
    APEX LinearPre non-inverting.JPG
    655 KB · Views: 1,141
I have the inverting pre working, sort of. All I had was a 10k log pot so I installed that but it doesn't work properly. It wont shut down the output and it clips at half volume. I have ordered some 5k linear pots. I'll report back once I have those installed. The non-inverting pre won't won't work so I must have something wrong in the layout. I'm going over that now.

Blessings, Terry

Ok, so here's an update. I found the issue with the layout in the non-inverting circuit. It works well even with the 10k log pot. So now I'm thinking that maybe the inverting circuit maybe has too much gain. Here is an updated layout for the non-inverting pre.

Attachments

• APEX LinearPre non-inverting fixed.JPG
    APEX LinearPre non-inverting fixed.JPG
    641.7 KB · Views: 903
I have the inverting pre working, sort of. All I had was a 10k log pot so I installed that but it doesn't work properly. It wont shut down the output and it clips at half volume. I have ordered some 5k linear pots. I'll report back once I have those installed. The non-inverting pre won't won't work so I must have something wrong in the layout. I'm going over that now.

Blessings, Terry

There is mistake on your pcb...

Attachments

• LinearPre all (1).JPG
    LinearPre all (1).JPG
    438 KB · Views: 712
hi prasi your software is not so good better if you do this in sprint layout6.if you want then tell me.
Hi, Why do you say that software is not good? doesnt it make sch and layout compatible? I know it doesnt look good but, I am pretty happy with it (in other words, dont have the patience to learn new software):D.

Hello Mr. Miles,
Here is my layout of the circuit as per document tidu034.pdf shared by you. I tried to maintain the criteria given by Dragan. Yellow is top layer.:D
reg
Prasi

Nice PCB, Prasi!

For ICs use LME49740, or similar good sounding/quality ICs.

I prefer use GND plane only for PowerGND and power decoupling, also in function like GND shield,
avoiding GND loops in signal GND path.

For Signal GND use Star GND with the middle star point between C8,C9 for each element in signal path who need Signal GND
(look the attachment, using Paint, yust for understending "the GND spider" :) , one channel only).
You have plenty of needed space, trace may be as <0,6mm wide.

Attachments

• Prasi PCB.png
    Prasi PCB.png
    80.3 KB · Views: 966
Nice PCB, Prasi!

For ICs use LME49740, or similar good sounding/quality ICs.

I prefer use GND plane only for PowerGND and power decoupling, also in function like GND shield,
avoiding GND loops in signal GND path.

For Signal GND use Star GND with the middle star point between C8,C9 for each element in signal path who need Signal GND
(look the attachment, using Paint, yust for understending "the GND spider" :) , one channel only).
You have plenty of needed space, trace may be as <0,6mm wide.

Thanks a lot sir for your efforts in modifications. I will surely implement your suggestions and post here. I have kept the trace width as 0.6096mm or 24mils, I will reduce it to 16mils if need be. my "guess" is, wider the trace, more is the parasitic capacitance, especially for signal traces. Correct me if I am wrong.
Regards
Prasi

Hello sir,
Here is the modified layout. Wow! that's a lot of traces for such a small circuit (enough spaghetti for my lunch and dinner:eek:).
Anyway, how does the design fare now? each and every ground point runs to the star. I will keep on doing small modifications for DRC compliance;).
regards
Prasi
Mr. Miles,
changed to 2k2 resistor (R3/R8)for increasing the gain .

Attachments

• act-vol-ctrl1.png
    act-vol-ctrl1.png
    122.9 KB · Views: 880
Last edited: