1000W Simple PA Amplifier

you don't have a clue.
The mains voltage to your home is not fixed. The supply voltage varies.
You need to ask what your suppliers limits are for your district/home.

Then you can predict the maximum voltage on your smoothing capacitors when there is a combination of low current draw and high supply voltage.
Do that BEFORE you buy 63Vac transformer and 100V capacitors !

Now let's see whether Vargas understands my advice to carry out the max Voltage check.

hi apex sir, is vertex step works with ba1200?
pls help me to make ba1200 to class h sir.

Attachments

• Snap31.jpg
    Snap31.jpg
    376.1 KB · Views: 1,479
I don't know what amperage is available at the wall socket(a/c supply), but that would be more than what we have around here. Is the power supply separated to use one house circuit per channel then?
I know that a lot of the stage amps boast 1kw plus outputs, but I always figured those were peaks looking at the typical 4 pairs per channel.

I haven't seen anyone(yet) here in the US use a 220v supply to get a full 40a of capacity.

Sir ,
My plan for ba1200 want to use MJL3281/MJL1302 as outputs for rail voltage 90 0 90v .My question 1)can BA1200 works at 90 0 90 v .All it's parts like input preamps and protection works at 90 0 90 v?? 2)If i use 9 pair MJL3281/MJL1302 as outputs then what should be the safe operating rail village for 4 ohms load??

Crest Audio used 7 pairs of 2SC3281/2SA1302 with +/-85V, in their 600W amplifiers. It can work but they had sophisticated protection circuits.

Sajti

Hi friends, i got gift from friend. I got Crown CSL800 with demaged outputs. We tried couple times to repair it, but signal board are in bad condition and allways make some trouble, burn drivers.

CSL800 work on +-55V (245V network in Montenegro) but without ground (single rails). They have two separated rail for each channel, and one electrolyte 10.000uF/110VDC(135 Surge) per channel. So i can get +-110VDC, that's ideal for this amp.

Is it his 20.000uF enought for running stereo APEX BA1200? Also, Crown was powered with tranformer D9187-2, can i run BA1200 stereo 8R load on that power supply? I have read somewhere that D9187-2 transformer is 2500VA, I'm not sure about this tranformer, but becouse i know how Crown build amps, i think max 1200VA. So for BA1200 is preauty close for work on 8R without problems.

I have space for 6 pair TO3 metal case transistors per chanel. Is it enought for 8R load?

I want to remove signal board, and leave output board becouse i can use it for BA1200, is it perfect for rebuild, just add driver board for BA1200 somewhere in case. Aslo i have space for 2 pairs driver transistors in TO3P case.
Can i use NJWE0281G/0302G as driver transistors, maybe two in series becouse i have enought space.

Second option is to make only one channel BA1200, and use amp in 4R load. This optilon allow me to put up to 12 output pairs, so i can use transistors in series. I'll use this amp for subwoofers in PA if they'll be stable, or just for fun if won't :)

Before this project, my biggest project was APEX B600, i was biuld it for my friend and still works as PA amplifier in clubs on 4R load (+-92VDC 1200VA) without any problems. Thanks Mile!

i'm sorry for preauty poor english, i hope that you are understand text :)
every suggestion is big help for me.

Last edited: